My objective is securing a mid-level management position for a shipping/forwarding or logistics firm. My strengths include strong familiarity with foreign trade and operations, Customs Regulations and routing in US, Canada and Asia. I’ve worked in the field since my graduation from University of Calgary.
Operations Manager – Cargo Services Far East, Inc Apr 2007 – present
Organized all aspects of inbound / outbound transport services, including US, Canada and China customs regulations. Organized supply chain support and internal sources control.
• Managed the in-door and out-door operation team (10 individuals) in administration tasks, auditing (Master/House Bill of Landing) and reporting (Inbound/Outbound inventory control).
• Suggested bonded warehouse solution to clients, which included analysis of local port capacity, laying out warehouse plans, and conducting cooperative relationships.
• Negotiated detention and demurrage costs with major shipping liners, Maersk, SafMarine, Hamburg Sud, MOL, PIL, and MSC.
• Negotiated rates and communicated processes and instructions with managers in US and Canadian ports, terminals, bonded warehouses, stevedoring and feeder vendors.
• Managed inspections of container condition pre- and post- loading of heavy cargos: Organized photo-documentation and other experimental analysis; Organized wood fumigation regulations (IPPC chop-on wood) under various international policies (Australia/US/Canada/South America/SE Asia).
• Ensured sales team has a strong relationship/follow-up with FOB clients; quoted competitive rate to C&F clients with full information (OF/BAF/CAF/GRI/PSS/AMS/DDC).
Senior Sales Supervisor – Morrison Express, Inc Apr 2006 - Mar 2007
Supervised a sales team (5 individuals) that promoted US shipping lines to regional clients.
• Supervised and motivated sales team to achieve monthly goals.
• Managed air forwarder bidding projects for International clients, including Apple Computer, Jabil, Mattel Toy, Mitac Electronics, Motorola, and Samsung.
• Communicated with US and Canadian overseas agents and customers.
• Sourced co-loader information and analyzing each advanced shipping lines.
• Managed, summarized and adjusted rates (A/F, FSC, & WSC) in Excel and databases, which were used for sales and marketing purposes.
• Reported sales team activity to managers and headquarters in Hong Kong.
Sales Executive – Morrison Express, Inc Dec 2005 - Apr 2006
Maintained exited clients and initiated new business
• Maintained and initiated mature business relationships with existing clients.
• Generated sales leads for inbound and outbound forwarding business.
• Developed account base by initiating cold call and generating sales leads.
• Competed door-to-door bulk delivery business with courier companies through domestic and foreign marketing pricing strategy analyzing.
• Filed and updated SOP.
Bachelors of Arts Dec 2005
Major in Economics with Minor in Business Management
University of Calgary, AB
Graduated with an interest and emphasis in Logistics with the following relevant courses:
Economics Finance and Accounting
• Money and Banking • Financial and Managerial Accounting
• International Trade I & II • Canadian Business Finance
• Econometrics • Advertising and Promotional Management
• Computational Optimization • Management Information System
Bachelor of Economics from University of Calgary
• Skilled in MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook
• Skilled in major accounting software, Quick Books, Lotus 1-2-3, and SAP R/3
• Written and oral fluency in three languages: English, Cantonese, Mandarin and basic French