To secure a strategic position in a highly progressive and innovative shipping/logistics organisation that requires a highly professional and energetic executive with excellent skills, diverse international experience and strong operational, commercial and business acument in the logistics business
DA DESK FZE, SHARJAH, UAE
Operations Executive (January 2008 – Present)
• Managed Disbursement Account for Vessel Charterers & Operators.
• Acted as front end Personnel & Interfaced with Nominated agent as well as the Port Operators.
• Scrutinize the Proforma DA as per Tariff of the World Ports thus ensured cost saving and transparency for the Customer.
• Studying and checking the PDA based on Worldscale, Incoterms.
• Liaised directly with the Operator for any queries and sorted the Clarification with the agent resulting in cost reduction and avoiding advance funding.
• Cross checking the various agreements and contracts between ship operators and agents.
• Calculation of port dues against the estimated time in port.
• Analytical review of the proforma and examine the quoted values.
HARI & COMPANY, CHENNAI
Operations Executive/Operations Manager (May 2005 -December 2007)
• Handle, monitor and resolve issues related to vessel operations.
• Received, classified, stored and delivered all kinds of goods arrived.
• Liaise with internal departments on operational issues.
• Liaise closely with customers and other parties / Coordinate billings, claims and disbursements.
• Planned for vessel agency operation and coordinated with concerned parties.
• Exercised documentation control over each consignment and Prepared shipping documents like BL, COO, NOR, SOF, IGM, Time Sheet and Demurrage/Laytime Calculation.
• MBA degree in Finance and Marketing, PSG College, Anna University, Coimbatore, 2005, CGPA: 7.21
• A degree in Commerce, St. Joseph’s College, Bharathidasan University, Trichy, 2003, 67%
• Higher Secondary, Champion Anglo Indian School, Trichy, 2000, 91%
• High School, Champion Anglo Indian School, Trichy, 1998, 70%