I am a well rounded Navy officer with diverse exposure in electrical, electronics and communication, maintenance and repair, naval operation, safety and management engineering, logistics, procurement, security management, education and training, personnel administration, war gaming and simulation, and general office management. I want to share my relevant experience in the the field of meritime operation since my line of work involved much in the ship management.
Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Plans, J5, General Headquarters, Armed Forces of the Philippines, Camp Aguinaldo, Quezon City 04/2009 to present
Division Chief, Operation Analysis Division
* Formulate game design & procedures in support of strategic planning.
* Conducts threat analysis & high-level scenario modeling for strategic & operational games & exercises.
* Conducts gaming & simulation to test, evaluate & validate strategic plans & identify issues needed to enhance bilateral & multilateral relations.
* Conducts operational analysis in support to AFP capability development planning.
* Manages the information systems of ODCS for Plans, OJ5.
* Processes war games & simulation results to extract alternative strategic options & AFP Action Programs.
* Desk Officer, Coast Watch Stations (CWS) Project of Southern Philippines
Naval Weapons Communication Electronics and Information Systems (WCEIS) Office, Headquarters Philippine Navy, Manila 07/2002 to 03/2009
Chief, Electronics and Communication Branch
• Formulate plans, program, policies and procedures on shipboard and shore-based communications, electronics and avionics sensors.
• Monitors and exercises technical control and supervises the repair, maintenance, installation, alterations and commissioning of all shipboard and shore-based communications and electronics equipment.
• Conducts studies, prepares, and evaluates the technical specifications of new communication system for the improvement and upgrading of the command and control, and electronic sensors for the enhancement of navigational capabilities of Philippine Navy vessels and aircrafts.
• Administers the technical evaluation on the newly acquired communications and electronics equipment, components and assemblies to ensure conformance with the required specifications.
• Manages the budget intended for the acquisition of the communications, electronics, and avionics equipment of the Philippine Navy floating and air assets.
• Monitors all the Philippine Navy radio communications for the signal evaluation, circuit discipline and security observation.
• Communication planner of RP-US Balikatan and CARAT bi-lateral exercises.
• Vice Chairman, Technical Working Group on the procurement of WCEIS equipment and spare parts.
• Instructor, Naval Command and Staff Course
Naval Education and Training Command, San Antonio, Zambales 07/2000 to 01/2002
Logistics Officer/Disbursing Officer/Instructor, Naval School Center
• Planned, programmed and managed for the acquisition of logistical requirement needed by the offices, instructors and students.
• Managed for the efficient distribution of supplies and materials needed in the conduct of training.
• Managed and supervised the preparation of payroll and disbursement of salary of students undergoing
pre-entry courses training.
• Acted as Course Director of 149th NOQC B” and instructor of student officers and enlisted personnel.
• Managed and supervised for the timely and effective completion of courses under my jurisdiction.
• Acted as tactical officer and instructor of pre-entry courses of officers and enlisted personnel.
Naval Education and Training Command, San Antonio, Zambales 10/1998 to 12/1999
Commanding Officer, Naval Station Security Group
• Administered the effective operation and management of security personnel conducting sentinel duties of the entire naval station covering a total area of 1,100 hectares.
• Planned, managed and administered programs on morale and welfare; team building; discipline and order; career development; and training of 85 security personnel.
• Planned, programmed and managed the daily activity of personnel providing perimeter defense, roving patrols, gate guards and tower watches.
• Prepared the safety and security procedures, policies and related memoranda in the screening of personnel and vehicle entering and leaving the camp.
• Planned, coordinated and provided overt security for the movement of the Commander, NETC on his official commitment outside camp.
• Supervised the conduct of investigations and reviewed case findings and recommendations.
• Evaluated results of investigations and settlements based on existing procedures, regulations and laws.
• Acted as Company Commander of security personnel performing COMELEC duties during 1998 Presidential Election.
Naval Education and Training Command, San Antonio, Zambales 08/1996 to 09/1998
Executive Officer, Public Works and Housing Center/Electrical Officer
• Assisted in the effective operation and management of personnel performing technical duties on the maintenance and repair of 304 housing units, vital facilities, utilities, water and electric power plant.
• Planned, managed and administered programs on morale and welfare; team building; discipline and order; career development; and training of 50 personnel.
• Planned, programmed and managed the daily activity of maintenance personnel.
• Prepared the electrical plans and design of the building's wiring layout in accordance with the standard code specifications to include cost and estimate of both labor and materials.
• Read and interpreted electrical drawings to determine the standard set forth in the National Electrical Code as basis of the electricians performing the job for a certain project.
• Prepared safety engineering procedures, policies and related memoranda that will serve as guidelines of personnel conducting repair and maintenance of electrical and electronics equipment and facilities.
• Operated, troubleshot, repaired, and maintained the Base Electric Power Generating Plant equipment and two (2)-250MVA Mobile Sub-station Transformers providing 24/7 supply of electricity.
• Operated, troubleshot, repaired and maintained the base centralized and window type air-conditioning units
• Managed and supervised for the effective and efficient operation of water plant providing 24/7 water supply to personnel of the entire naval station.
Philippine Fleet, PN, Cavite City 05/1996 to 07/1998
Junior Officer aboard 4 Navy vessels
• Supervised work on supply and cargo handling, deck and machinery maintenance, engineering plant and damage control, and performed ship navigation.
• Team leader in board/search operations and in rescue missions.
• Conducted pier, port, coastline security during APEC Meeting (1996) and Presidential visits.
• Supervised vessel security, handling of cargoes and coordinated for logistical requirements.
• Handled investigations on breaches of policy and security.
• Working knowledge on the various threat groups operating at sea and in land.
Naval Education and Training Command, San Antonio, Zambales 10/1991 to 06/1994
Instructor, Naval School Center
• Prepared the Lesson Plan of the specialization courses such as Electronic Technician (ET), Electrician’s Mate (EM), Radioman (RM), Radarman (RD), Data Processing (DP) and other technical courses.
• Planned & supervised the laboratory activities of students of undergoing ET and EM specialization courses.
• Instructor of basic electricity and electronics, mathematics, electrical controllers, electrical motor, transformers, safety and security aspects of equipment.
• Prepared the test papers of students and administer the checking of examination.
• Instructor of pre-entry courses on subject related to safety and security.
• Records the result of examination and responsible for its subsequent publication.
Naval Combat Systems Facility, Fort San Felipe, Cavite City 03/1988 to 08/1989
• Read and interpreted the electrical drawings to determine the standard code and specifications of the base wiring installation, shipboard and building electrical layout.
• Conducted quarterly preventive and corrective maintenance of electrical equipment.1
• Installed, troubleshot, repaired & maintained the shipboard navigational & communications equipment such as radar, gyrocompass, emergency steering devices, tactical radio, power supply & sound powered telephone (SPT).
• Installed, troubleshot, repaired & maintained the centralized and window type air-conditioning units, lighting fixtures and other electrical equipment.
? 3-yr Electrical Eng’g Technology - Technological University of the Phil-Visayas 1985 to 1988
? BS Aviation Electronics Engineering - Philippine State College of Aeronautics 1991 to 1993
? Master in Business Administration - Columban College 1997 to 1999
? Marine Engineering – Melbourne, Australia 2000
? Master of Science in Management Engineering - Adamson University 2003 to 2005
? Certified Security Professional, Phil Society for Industrial Security, Manila 2010
? Registered Master Electrician 1991
? United Nation Military Observer Course - Clark Air Base, Pampanga 2009
? Naval Command and Staff Course – NETC, Zambales 2007
? Ship Security Officer – Intramuros, Manila 2006
? Radio Frequency Management Course – GHQ, AFP 2006
? Basic Weapons Comms Electronic & Info System Course – Sangley Pt., Cavite 2004
? Instructor Course – Melbourne, Australia 2000
? Naval Officer Qualification Course (Military Science) – NETC, Zambales 1995 to 1996
? Disaster Response and Rescue Operations Course - NETC, Zambales 1995
? Summer Camp Training II (Military Science 43) – Phil Marine Corps, BNS 1993
? Summer Camp Training I (Military Science 33) – NDV, Cebu City 1992
? Basic Seaman Course – NTC, Fort San Felipe, Cavite City 1990
? Candidate Soldier Course – Camp Capinpin, Tanay, Rizal 1989 to 1990
OTHER COURSES, TRAININGS AND SEMINARS
• Mess & Supply Officer’s Package Course Naval Education & Training Command, Zambales
• Basic Security Seminar Naval Education & Training Command, Zambales
• US Pacific Fleet Exercise Concept (USPEC) Phil Coast Guard, South Harbor, Manila
• Fund Accountable Officer’s Seminar Philippine Navy Finance Center, Makati City
• PN Logistics Planning & Budgeting Seminar Headquarters Philippine Navy, Manila
• Joint Comptroller-Logistics Seminar Headquarters Philippine Navy, Manila
• Gyrocompass & REF AIRCON Rpr & Maint Course Naval Support Command, Cavite City
• Operation & Maintenance of SPS 64 Radar Naval Training Command, Cavite City
• Operation & Maintenance of FURUNO Radar Naval Combat System Center, Cavite City
• Maintenance & Repair Officer Seminar Headquarters Philippine Navy, Manila
• Joint RP-US CARAT Planning Conferences Headquarters Philippine Navy, Manila
• Support Planner of BALIKATAN Exercise 05 Clark Air Base, Pampanga
• Defense Resource Management Course Headquarters Philippine Navy, Manila
• Maritime Border Security Seminar Malacca, Malaysia
• Trilateral Maritime Security Conference Cebu City
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
? Technically oriented, open-minded, hardworking, team-player and persuasive leader who can serve as an effective partner of engineering management in developing teamwork and initiating improvements.
? Diverse experience in electrical, electronics and communication, safety and management engineering, logistics, procurement, education and training, naval operation, war gaming and simulation, security management and personnel administration.
? MBA and MS Management Engineering degree holder.
? Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
AWARDS, COMMENDATIONS, APPRECIATIONS AND PLAQUES OF MERITS
5 Military Merit Medal for achievement, 5 Military Commendation Medals for performance, 26 Letter of Commendations, Senior Instructor Badge, Leadership Award, Plaque of Merit for Academic Excellence, Military Civic Action Medal, Outstanding TUP-Visayas Alumnus, Certificate of Appreciation as Guest Speaker, Aptitude Awardee and other medals.