I'm looking for a job in naval architecture, or connected with naval architecture, which will allow me to fully utilize my present knowledge and skills and also to acquire a higher level of expertise.
Ship systems designer 08.2012 – present
• Weigh & trim calculations, general arrangement, design and development of hull systems for 24m composite catamaran vessel for private client. In cooperation with Scott Jetson www.jutson.ca
BC HYDRO, Vancouver BC 2011 – 2012
Technical drafting consultant (contract)
• Developing, producing and updating civil drawings, electrical schematics, circuit location diagrams, duct banks and profiles.
CONSTRUCTION POLARIS INC., Quebec QC 2010
Technical assistant of maritime director
• Designed, performed calculation of stability, stress analysis of hull structures, fire, safety and docking planes.
NAVTECH INC., Quebec QC 2008 – 2009
• Developed and fabricated the piping and HVAC systems of cruise ship “Veendam”.
• Designed, performed calculation of stability and stress analysis of hull.
• Developed and Installed new exhaust system for “Mighty Servant 3” vessel.
MORSKAYA TECHNIKA, Moscow, Russia 2002 – 2008
• Performed calculations of hull structures and ship propellers.
• Designed the nodes and mechanisms for marine and nonstandard gear.
Degree in Naval Architecture 1998
Novosibirsk Maritime Transport Academy, Novosibirsk, Russia
Certificate in French as a Second Language 2003 – 2005
University Laval, Quebec QC
• Skills and experience in General Arrangements, Lines Plans, Trim and Stability calculations, Weight Estimating, Propeller Design and 3D drafting
• Knowledge and experience in ship structural design employing both Classification society rules and first principle structural engineering for steel and aluminum vessels
• Design experience with piping and HVAC systems
• Shipyard experience
• Excellent analytical and trouble-shooting skills, extensive theoretical knowledge
• Efficient skills using AutoCAD, Inventor, ShipConstructor, Free!Ship, SolidWorks, FEA, ANSYS, MS Excel, Rhinoceros, experience with DAD and GIS software
• Fluent in French
Degree in Naval Architecture with long-term industry related experience that includes working as a Naval Architect and a Shipbuilding Engineer. Described as a committed, reliable, positive and creative problem solver who works well with all levels of staff and customers.