To move on to more challenging and more financially rewarding job, using my experience and exposure, at same time acquiring experience and skills not yet in my arsenal.
A. ALLSEAS ENGINEERING, Dubai UAE
1.May 2006 to date: Dock Master/Manager
FD3 Floating Dock, 2000 ton dwt; responsible for drydocking of vessels and carying out ship repair works, from docking calculation to customer billing.
Major achievement: drydocked a 2000tons lightship vessel(max dock capacity) with 6meter overhang
2.Oct. 2004 to May 2006: Technical Manager; incharge of repowering and propulsion desig and stability assessment of luxury yacht Um Hurair, undergoing a major refit.
Incharge of the rehabilitation and reentry to GL Class of FD3 Floating Dock. Major achievement: swift reentry to service and class of FD3 Floating Dock, despite the major refit job involving all 4 ballast pumps, 3 gensets, 27 remotely operated valves and 150tons of steel renewals; successful power train design on MY Um Hurair, as confirmed by sea trials.
B. FASTCRAFT MARINE SERVICES LTD. Cebu City Phils
Jan 2002 to Oct 2004: Acted as Designated Person Ashore(DPA), Company Security Officer(CSO), Internal Auditor for ISM, and Manager for special project. Major Achievement: responsible for putting into service 5000ton dwt roro-lolo vessel MV Iron Butterfly, from handover in Pusan Korea, crew selection/hiring, to actual trading operations in Persian Gulf; wrote the ISM and Ship Security Manual, trained the crew, and obtained the DOC, SMC and SSC with ABS. For special projects, prepared for towing 23 vessels for scrapping in China, total of 200,000tons lightship, including the ULCC Helespont Paradise.
C. CRD ENGINEERING SERVICES, Cebu City Philippines
1993 to 2002: Managing Director.
Major Project Achievement:
1. Provide manpower and supervision for construction of 4km coastal bridge, part of Cebu City South Coastal Road Project. Work involved fabrication and casting of pretensioned girders, transport of girders to site using barge/tug and deck construction.
2. Designed and constructed 50 steel hulls, up to 50m in length for local passenger and fishing operators.
3. Accredited Ship Stability Surveyor by the Maritime Administration; has inclined and prepared stability booklet for over 300 vessels under Phil flag.
C. PHIL NATIONAL OIL COMPANY(PNOC) DRYDOCK AND ENGINEERING COMPANY. 1983 to 1992
Major Achievement: 1) advanced through the corporate ladder from Cadet Engineer to Project Manager in span of four(4) years. 2) was the youngest engineer promoted as Design Supt in the Ship Design and Research Dept. 3) Was chosen Model Employee of the Year 1988. 4) Involved in the design and construction of 5 units 5000 tons dwt bulk carriers; one(1) unit 2500tons dwt LPG tanker, including subsequent conversion. 5) Project Manager for one geothermal piping project, one petroleum tank farm project( diesel, IFO and LPG)and one gas turbine (30megawatt x 3 units) power plant project. 6) introduced computer use in drafting and project management(pert cpm, bar chart)
Bachelor of Science in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, University of Cebu, Philippines; 1978 to 1983; Graduated Cum Laude
Master in Business Administration, first year only; Lyceum of Batangas, Batangas City Philippines
Registered Naval Architect and Marine Engineer, Reg. No. 00186, Professional Regulation Commission, Philippines; place no. 2 in the board exams of Sept. 1983 with rating of 92.20%
1. Ship Management, Superintendency(Crewing and Operations, Ship Maintenance, ISM & ISPS)
2. Ship Designing/Calculations: design spiral, structural/scantling calculations, stability calculations, inclining experiment and stability booklet preparations, loading manual(longitudinal strength calculation), damaged stability calculation, speed and power calculation, propeller design/selection
3. Computer Skills: Windows Office, ACAD, MS Project 2002, TIMELINE, BASIC, VISUAL BASIC FOR APPLICATIONS(VBA), NAUTILUS(NEW WAVE SYSTEM, a program for ship design and stability)
4. Scuba diving, Open WAter I
5. Internal Auditor ISM
6. Dock Master, Drydocking Calculations
7. Project Management, Marine or Industrial
Had been elected and served for nine(9) consecutive years as Municipal Councilor of Clarin, Bohol, Philippines