Having enormous experiences of marvellous tanker industry, of challenging sea-career and shipping management, Ship Inspections, Off Shore job, Ship to ship transfer job, pre purchase/Charter inspections, external audits as well as of teaching and training; Self is willing enhance my career with your well reputed company. Self is performing STS operations for all sizes and types of tanker on behalf of major STS providers.
- Working as POAC, STS Superintendent / Mooring master in Gulf and Asia region (Fujairah, Dubai, Khorfakkan, Sri Lanka). Conducting Ship to Ship Transfer Operations with VLCC, VLGC, Oil Tankers and Chemical tankers.
-14 years of experience in oil tanker industry, excelled in various challenging conditions under different environmental conditions
- Shown excellent efficiency utilising limited resources available under strict timeline.
- Managed to work cordially and effectively with people from 21 nationalities and different background.
Master Mariner - Kolkata , MMD 2002
Bachelor of Nautical Sciences Mumbai University 1993-1996
STS service provider company Feb’2013 Onwards
Job scope includes conducting STS operations ( As POAC / STS superintendents / Mooring Master for Fendercare, SPT, GTS etc), Flag Inspections, 3rd Party Navigation Audit, Pre charter/purchase inspections, Compass adjustments etc.
Self has independently carried out more than 100 numbers STS operations including all sizes of vessels (VLCCs, VLGCs, Aframax, Handysize).
Self has 100% safe record in Underway STS and at Anchor approach STS operation.
I am well Confident of doing SPM mooring and alongside berthing.
SGS (Oil, Gas and Chemical-Jubail) Oct’2012-Jan’2013
Designation : Branch Manager
Job Responsibilities :
• Liaise with Charterers, Owners, Commercial Operators, Terminals for various kind of petroleum grades and petrochemical grades.
• Assessing vessels’ stowage plan and tank - cleaning procedure to determine suitability of tank for loading.
• Monitoring a team of 25 surveyors, troubleshooting and managing Customer feedbacks.
• Maintain relationship with clients (various plants, charterers, buyers) and business development. Submission of quotations for new proposals.
• In charge of HSE, conduct safety meeting and technical meeting with all field surveyors and supervisors on monthly basis.
Wallem Ship Management Ltd Hongkong Feb’2012 – Jul’ 2012
NYK Ship Management Ltd, Singapore Apr’ 2011 - Nov’ 2011
Bernhard Schulte Ship Management Ltd Mar’2008 - Dec‘2009
Dynacom tankers Dec’2006 - Dec’ 2007
Job Responsibilities: -
• Overall in charge of merchant ships and cargo on board, worth USD 250 million.
• Commanded ULCC & VLCC ships chartered to BP, Shell, Unipec, BHP and other Global Oil Majors.
• Led multinational teams of 25+ people and supervised all functions on board including Administration, HRM, Maintenance, Technical, Accounting and Purchase.
• Coordinated with Oil Majors, regulatory and port authorities with regard to ships business and legal matters.
• Planned and supervised major ship repairs, Dry Docking and surveys at ship yards in China.
• Supervised preparations for a number of OCIMF SIRE/Flag State inspections.
NATCOM Institute Feb’ 2010 – Mar’ 2011
• Giving lectures to Officers who are preparing for Certificate of competency Examinations, with or without using audio/visual aid.
• Preparing courses materials for third party as well as for self delivering.
• Assessing students’ performance and assisting them in the exams preparations.
From 2001 to 2007
On various sizes of Product tankers, Fuel carriers and VLCCs/ULCCs
Designaiton : Chief Offier
Job Responsibilites :
• Department Head (operations) – in-charge planning & execution of shipboard operations as per company standards.
• Planned and supervised major ship repairs, Dry Docking and surveys at ship yards in Dubai, Poland and Russia.
• Ensured compliance with international regulations, industry standards and company guidelines for safety, quality, training, administrative & security, viz. SOLAS, MARPOL, ISGOTT, STCW95, ISM & ISPS.
• Responsible for Cargo transfer operations, Material management, Inventory planning & control and Developing risk management plan for operational and environmental risks.
From 1998 to 2000
Designation: Navigating Officer
Job Responsibilities: -
• Responsible for effective passage planning, execution, monitoring & control of the passage.
• Analyzed and reported operational and economic performance of the ship.
• Responsible for the effective communications on board vessels & maintenance of the all communication and emergency equipments.
• Cleared competitive exams at national level like Roorkee, State level Engineering entrance exam, T.S.Rajendra
• Passed all Competencies written examinations and orals in first attempt. Obtained Master COC at the age of 27
• Became chief officer at an age of 26 years and worked under various challenging conditions for long 7 years
• Took command of VLCC at age of 32
• Successfully adopted to the job of faculty and became popular among students.