- Shipboard Officer / Personnel / Crew
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
- Navigation: Celestial, GPS, Nobeltech, MapSea Ecdis, Ecpins, coast piloting, ocean sailings and passage/voyage planning.
- Fuel transfer procedures and oil spill response.
- Cargo handling: Container, breakbulk, bulk and liquid. Stability, load and trim calculations.
- Conventional cargo gear: Rigging for standard operations and heavy lifts.
- Crane operations: Telescoping and knuckle.
- General rigging: Light and heavy loads, safe and efficient techniques.
- Short and long splicing: Wire rope and fiber line.
- Welding: ASME 6G and 4G certified, extensive record of steel fabrication projects.
- Machine tool: Lathe, mill, radial drillpress-design, set up and operation.
- Personnel supervision: Design, implementation and maintenance of training programs. Crew motivation development/enhancement.
- Administrative tasks: Budgeting, cost projections, preventive maintenance record keeping, NTM chart and publication corrections/ documentation/record maintenance, ISM/SMS design, implementation and management, engineering and insurance interface.
- Emergency response: Fire fighting, MOB, lifeboat/skiff/zodiac deployment and operation. Distress assistance.
MARITIME LICENSES AND DOCUMENTS
USCG MERCHANT MARINER CREDENTIAL, REFERENCE NUMBER: 2231834
MASTER - OCEANS, 1600 GT (3000 ITC TONNAGE)
MASTER - OCEANS, 5000 GT, UNINSPECTED FISHING VESSELS
2ND MATE - OCEANS, ANY GROSS TONS
ABLE BODIED SEAMAN/UNLIMITED & TWIC card holder
FCC GMDSS/O - GLOBAL MARITIME DISTRESS and SAFETY SYSTEM OPERATOR - FRN # 0008549800
RELEVANT ENDORSEMENTS AND CERTIFICATIONS
STCW-95 compliance: GMDSS, BRM, ARPA, BST, Medical Care Provider, Medical PIC & Basic/Advanced Fire Fighting.
Radar observer, unlimited
Fire fighting, basic/advanced
First aid and CPR
Current US Passport
British Columbia Pilotage and Alaska Inside Passage Pilotage
SW Alaska waters experience
Welding certifications: A.S.M.E. B&P .V. Code (C.W.S. #103) 6G and A.W.S. D1.1-83 Sec. 5 PAR. 5.30 4G
Non-destructive testing, Magnetic Particle Inspection: Certified to Level 2 Inspector (ASNT, TL llA)
Trawl net design, repair and maintenance - course completion certificate.
2016: Basic Safety Training at Maritime Science Department, Clatsop Community College, Astoria, OR
2016: Leadership & Management Skills at Maritime Science Department, Clatsop Community College, Astoria, OR
2016: Radar Unlimited recertification at Maritime Science Department, Clatsop Community College, Astoria, OR
2011: Conducted crewmember class to certification of Rigger/Signalman Certification and Safety Training aboard the M/V Cape Greig
2009: Radar Unlimited recertification at Maritime Science Department, Clatsop Community College, Astoria, OR
2009: System Security Awareness for Passenger Vessel Employees Training Course,
2008: Dynamic Positioning Induction course completion at L3,
2008: ECDIS course completion at Pacific Maritime Institute,
2007: BRM refresh, Clatsop Maritime Department,
2006: Vessel Security Officer at Pacific Maritime Institute,
2004: Radar Unlimited recertification at Clatsop Maritime,
2004: ISPS Course on board the Nantucket Clipper while at sea.
2002: Medical Care Provider and Medical PIC courses at RTM ,
2001: STCW-95 BST course at the Maritime Science Department, ,
2000: STCW-95 GMDSS & BRM courses/exams at the Maritime Science Department, ,
1999: Radar Unlimited recertification & STCW-95 ARPA course at Pacific NW Training Institute,
1999: Computer use courses on the Internet at home in
1999: Flashing light test preparation with the use of Houston Marine computer software at home in
1999: Radar Unlimited recertification, Maritime Science Department, ,
1998: Tankerman PIC DL; course,
1998: GMDSS Operator test preparation; Maritime Science Department, ,
1996: 1600 GT Master/2nd Mate preparation; Maritime Science Department, ,
1994: 3rd Mate preparation; Northwest Merchant Marine Training Services,
1990: VendeC/Allen Bradley Programmable Controller Workshop, Edwards, CO
1990: Lohmann/Kissling Gearbox Workshop,
Height: 6’, Weight: 220 lb. In good physical condition. Computer literate. Organized and detail oriented. Fluent in English and Norwegian.
DES MOINES, WA,