• To obtain a position in Medical field as a Administrative Assistant, Receptionist, as Administrative/Clerical support, Office Supervisor, or in Medical Records that uses my educational background, will utilizes skills learned through nursing and medical administrative work within the Navy, and past job employment.
• Family Health Centers of San Diego
1809 National Ave San Diego, CA 92113
April 28, 2008 to August 9, 2008
Title: Patient Service Receptionist/Medical Records Clerk
Duties: Rescheduling missed and canceled, checking-in and checking-out patients, Filing charts, constructing charts, taking requested charts to clinics, answering phones, checking-in and checking out charts to various clinics, message taking, other general office duties designated by manager.
• San Diego Car Care
11030 Rancho Carmel Dr. San Diego, Ca. 92128
June 2007 to August 2008
Title: Sales Cashier
Duties: Cashier, stocking and filling the sales floor, stocking and filling stock room, straightening inventory in stockroom customer service and assistance, inventory counts within sales floor and stockroom, prepping sales floor, straightening inventory on sales floor, mopping sales floor, restocking main cooler, restocking cigarettes, and any duties designated by manager.
• Ambulatory Care Surgery Center
8705 Complex Dr. San Diego, Ca. 92123
May 14, 2002 to January 06, 2006
Title: Front & Back Office Administrative Representative
Duties: Checking-in and checking-out patients, answering phones, scheduling surgeries, rescheduling missed and canceled surgeries, Scheduling appointments, message taking, filing, construct medical charts, and any other general office duties designated by manager.
• United States Navy
74800 Bob Wilson Dr. San Diego, Ca 92134
September 27, 1999 to May 13, 2002
Title: Hospital Corpsman
Duties: Supervise those of lower rank, Phlebotomy, IV insertion, injections, core laboratory, patient preparation, pharmaceutical dispense, emergency care, clinical nursing care, Vitals, Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation, infection control, Scheduling appointments, Scheduling missed and canceled, checking-in and checking-out patients, supervising navy personnel that are lower in the chain of command, and any other nursing care duties or office duties designated by chain of command.
• San Diego General and Vascular Surgeons
7910 Frost St. # 401 San Diego, Ca. 92123
June 29, 1998 to September 20, 1999
Title: Patient Service Representative
Duties: Scheduling appointments, checking-in and checking-out patients, answering phones, Scheduling surgeries, rescheduling missed and canceled appointments, message taking, filing, and any other general office duties designated by manager.
• Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group
8933 Activity Rd. San Diego, Ca. 92126.
July 6, 1997 to June 18, 1998
Title: Patient Service Representative
Duties: Surgery, Urology and Plastic Surgery receptionist of five providers, Scheduling appointments, checking-in and checking out patients, answering up to six phone lines, Scheduling surgeries, rescheduling appointments canceled due to stat surgeries for doctors, and message taking for five doctors through IDX, and any other general office duties designated by manager.
• J.C. Penny
720 Rancho Via Parkway Escondido, Ca. 92029.
February 29, 1996 to July 3, 1997
Title: Merchandising Assistant
Duties: Boy’s department supervisor, cashier, prepping department for ad, department layouts, customer service, inventory counts, exchanges, refunds, straightening, stocking, and filling and assisting manager with purchasing of merchandise, and any other general duties designated by manager
• 1995-Current San Diego Community College District 3375 Camino Del Rio South San Diego, Ca. 92108
• 2000-2001 Naval School of Health Science 74800 Bob Wilson Dr San Diego, Ca 92134
• 1999-2000 Medical Corpsman School Great Lakes, Illinois
• Courses: Bilingual (English-Spanish), Anatomy and Physiology, Medical Pharmacology, Clinical Nursing Practice, Emergency Care and Medical Procedures, Patient care, MS Word, Sociology & Social Problems, Mathematics & Statistics, Phlebotomy Procedures, Speech, Core Laboratory Tests and Results, and Infection Control
Naval Medical Corpsman
MS Windows, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
Customer and Patient assistance