Contribution to an Organization's success through technical creativity and dedication.
1. LARSEN & TOUBRO LTD, Surat, India.
From: September 2007 to Present
Position: Asst. Manager
Projects: (A) 8300 DWT Ro Ro Lo Lo Heavy Cargo Vessel: Class - GL
(B) 18000 DWT Heavy Cargo Vessel: Class – LR
1. As an Area Manager, responsible for scheduling of work, execution of work in given time frame, resource allocation, estimation of cost, ordering equipments and supplies.
~ Tonnage fabrication (i.e. blocks cleared by Class Surveyors and Owners) increased from 100 tons to 400 Tons.
2. To evolve build technology of block construction and standardize it through combined work steps, removing non-value added tasks, adding automation and the development of effective work practices
~ Reduced time of Wing block construction of Ro Ro Lo Lo design Ship from 90 days to
50 days by standardizing procedure of manufacturing.
3. To Establish Written procedures for welding of critical areas in conjunction with Welding
~ Established welding procedure for Hinge brackets of Stern Ramp of Ro-Ro-Lo-Lo design ship.
~ Established welding procedure for Hinges of Spreader Beam.
~ Established welding procedure for heavy thickness structural steels in Blocks.
4. For increasing productivity, developed specialized areas like Sub Assembly bay and Grand Block bay. Established systems and procedures for :
~ Receipt of Panels.
~ Sequence of fabrication of panels / Sub Assembly.
~ Lifting and tilting of fabricated parts / blocks.
5. Good experience in implementation of processes through EMATRIX PLM software.
6. To conduct daily Issue resolution meetings with Subordinates & Contractors.
7. As the area in charge of WMS team, maintaining the orderliness of Workplace.
8. To use Autocad for designing the lifting and tilting plans of blocks greater than 50 Tons.
9. Use of Autocad for making the dimensional protocols for offering inspections to QC/Owners/Class
2. ALCOCK ASHDOWN (GUJ.) LTD., Bhavnagar, India.
From: June 2006 to September 2007
Project: (A) 12800 DWT Product Carrier: Class - ABS
1. Incharge of CNC Profile Cutting Shop.
2. Production planning – S-curve and production Bar Chart – and ensuring Item wise > Panel wise > Block wise cutting of plates in accordance with the target requirements.
3. To establish / maintain communication and follow up with direct erection in dry dock.
4. Follow up with the design consultants for any discrepancies in latest revised approved drawings vis-à-vis old revisions and original bill of material for steel especially for the hull part.
5. Also familiar with nesting software which converts Autocad drawings into relevant CNC controller compatible Codes like Most 2 D & OmniCAD
3. ROOPRA ENGINEERING. WORKS, Ankleshwar, India.
From: September 2002 to June 2006
1. Ensure production work is carried out without any bottlenecks which included Scheduling & Planning of the job/Project & component parts with Microsoft Project and to minimize risks associated with interlink ages of processes for maintaining high quality standards.
2. To follow up with the Client/Design dept. for the design discrepancies as and when it comes in subsequent revisions of drawings.
3. To maintain a good rapport with regular customers and work out price negotiations.
4. Vendor development for giving out sub contracts when necessary.
5. Preparation of Layout Drawings on Auto-CAD 2002 of job/Project. Developments of critical surfaces like Transition Pieces, Mitre Bends, Eccentric cones, etc as and when necessary to facilitate its fabrication.
6. Preparation of Dimensional Report of Jobs/Projects for hassle free inspection, official correspondence with GEA, other prospective clients & Vendors with MS-Office.
4. ELECON ENGG.CO.LTD. - Gear division, V.V.Nagar, India.
From: August 2001 to August 2002
Position: Apprentice Engineer – Gear Assembly. :
1) Worked on assembly of 6 nos. Marine Gear Box: Project named as CODOG (Combined Diesel and Gas Turbine Engine) of Indian Navy.
2) Also worked on 20 nos. gearboxes of PAF-31 designed and developed for the first time by Elecon, single stage speed reduction Gearbox like SAN-500, Planetary gearboxes like KC-180 and KD-280, PIV gearbox likes PE-45, special gearboxes like TPM-2-68 and SBN-315 (two speed).
3) Familiar with scheduling software from THRUPUT.
4) Have worked on opening and closing of shop orders in Avalon system and raising purchase requisitions in ERP module – ORACLE 9.
? B.E. Mechanical with 56% marks. Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyangar, Dist – Anand. Gujarat, India in July 2001.
? POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN MARKETING MANAGEMENT from Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar in April 2003
? CERTIFICATE COURSE IN PIPING ENGINEERING from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Mumbai in May 2006.
Features of the course were
• PFD, P&ID, Isometric Drawings and Layout.
• All the relevant Codes & Standards.
• Selection of Valves, Pumps & Supports.
• Pipe Sizing & thickness specifications.
• Introductory knowledge of PDC, CAEPIPE & CADMATIC 3D Software.
? LEAD AUDITOR COURSE FOR ISO 9001-2000 QUALITY STANDARDS
Successfully completed the above said course conducted by DNV, from 20th March – 24th March 2006
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
• Scheduling, Monitoring & Resource Allocation.
• Good hands on knowledge of Primavera P6
• Problem Solving & Decision Making
• Experienced in effective resource utilization, process improvement and escalating quality.
• Excellent communication skills and leadership quality.
? Good working knowledge over Project Planning Tools like PRIMAVERA P6 & MS Project
? Worked extensively using Drafting Tools like AUTOCAD
? Brief knowledge about CAD and CAM