to learn more on the marine segment and utilize my knowledge and effort for the growth of the firm.
Present Job Status.
Period:From March 2007
Assistant Engineer (Hull)
Presently, I am in-charge for the Quantity Survey activities for Hull section for the conversion project vessels, which is under progress in our yard.
As for the present requirement from the owner, all our conversion projects the payment is based on the remeasured or as-built quantity. I was assigned the task to start a new team and lead the people to do the remeasurement activities.
• Lead and guide a team of 10 members to do the Quantity Survey activities.
• Co-ordinate the steel work re-measurement activities on board the vessel.
• Liaise owner representatives to settle the steel work quantity.
• Arrange inspections for the owner representatives for the disputed items.
• To discuss and finalize on the unit of measurement for additional steel works done on-board the vessel.
Period: March 2006 – February 2007.
Project Officer (I&QC)
I was associated with the quality control activities on Bulk Carrier for Clipper group, Denmark and Platform Supply Vessel for, Deep Sea Supplies, Norway.
• Inspection of dimension and alignment of erected hull blocks.
• Inspection and survey for block stage fabricated units.
• In charge for NDT done under Ship building dept.
• Co-ordination of class and owner survey
Period: Jun 2005 – Feb 2006.
• Co-ordination of site work activities including manpower and materials.
• Supervision of the fabrication works & clarify doubts regarding drawings and revision drawings to supervisors and workers.
Period: Jun 2004 – May 2005.
Cochin Shipyard Limited, Cochin Graduate Apprentice Trainee
• Supervision of painting jobs at Ship Repair Operations department.
• Assisted in day-to-day material handling procedures at Bonded Warehouse.
• Assisted in preparing quotations and invoices at Ship Repair Commercial Section using ISRS.
• Assisted in making drawings in Auto CAD and plate nesting using TRIBON at Hull Structure Design section.
Period: Dec 2003 – May 2004.
CADD Centre, Trivandrum Engineer Customer Care (Mechanical)
• Faculty member for Auto CAD, Pro/E & MSC Nastran.
• To help students with their project works.
• To conduct seminars regarding the software at colleges.
BE [MECHANICAL] (April 2003)
• First class with 69.68%
• Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Thirunelveli, TN, India.
• C.S.I Institute of Technology, Nagercoil, TN, India.
Pre-degree (March 1998)
• First class with 67.4%
• University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India.
• Government Arts College, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India.
SSLC (March 1996)
• First class with 78.1%
• Board of public exams government of Kerala.
• Christ Nagar English High School, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India.
• Professional in Mechanical CAD (Auto CAD, Pro/E & MSC Nastran).
• Primavera Project Planner
• KEPNER-TREGOE (Singapore) training on Process Leader.
• NTUC learning hub, Singapore – Shipyard Supervisor Safety course
• In Plant Training at the Integral Coach Factory, Chennai.
.commitment and involvement to the task assigned.
.lead a team by planning, scheduling, monitoring and giving the feed back for improvement if any required.