To Understand the CONCEPT & REQUIREMENT of a given TASK and implementing the suitable METHODOLOGY to complete it, with creative MIND, DEDICATION and CONFIDENCE in a given TIME span
I. Experience : QA/QC Inspector - Welding.
GALFAR Engineering & Contracting W.L.L. Emirates.
EPC of 131 PIG Launchers & Receivers across all ADCO Fields.
Period : From 26th Jan 2010 to till date.
II. Experience : QC Welding & NDT, Mechanical Inspection Engineer.
Raysonics, Sasol – Secunda, Oil Refinery, South Africa
Shutdown Project, Pipeline inspection, Valves welding, NDT.
Period : From 24th Aug to 15th Sep 2009.
III. Experience : Mechanical Engineer – Welding Inspector in
Emirates Industrial Laboratory, Dry Docks, DUBAI, U.A.E.
( An Engineering Enterprises for Inspection & Technical Services )
Period : From 20th Oct 2008 to 16th Apr 2009.
IV. Experience : Senior Engineer – Welding ( Valves Manufacturing )
Audco India Limited,Chennai, India.
( Larsen & Toubro – Flow serve U.S.A - Joint venture )
Period : From 07th Feb 2007 to 18th October 2008.
V. Experience : QA /QC Inspection Engineer (Heavy Forging Unit)
M/s. Bay Forge Limited, Near Chengalpat.
Period : From 1st Nov 2004 to 3rd Feb 2007
VI. Experience : QA/QC Inspector ( Structural steel fabrication Welding & Erection )
A. A. Nass Mechanical contracting company, Bahrain,
( No. 1 Group of Contractors in Bahrain )
Period : From 25th MAR 2004 to 14th OCT 2004
VII. Experience : QC Engineer - (Structural Steel Welding & Fabrication) in
Barakath Engg. Inds. (P) Ltd., Trichy, India.
( Leading manufacturer in Structural steel fabrication in Trichy)
Period : From 16th MAY 2001 to 19th MARCH 2004
Technician Apprentice : Bharath Heavy Electricals Limited, Tiruchirappalli - 620 014.
Power Boiler & Accessories Manufacturing – Welding, NDT, Mech. Testing
Period : From 26th April 2000 to 25th April 2001
VIII. Experience : Quality Control Supervisor ( Structural steel fabrication )
Barakath Engg. Inds. (P) Ltd., Tiruchirappalli - 620 015.
Period : From 6th MAY 1999 to 24th APRIL – 2000.
IX. Experience : Fabrication Supervisor in
IndoFab Industries, Tiruchirappalli – 620 015.
Period : From 27th JUNE 1993 to 9TH APRIL – 1996.
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
Professional Certifications :
CSWIP 3.1 - Certified Welding Inspector Issued : 9th July 2008 Cert. No. 34190.
IBR/BHEL CWI - Certified Welding Inspector, Welding Research Institute, India.
NDT Level II - American Society for Non Destructive Testing MT, PT, RT & UT
• To check that the said Schedule Is kept to, and to promote action to recover any delay.
• To check Subcontractors Work Progress Status sheets and sign the same for approval.
• To prepare the Non-Conformity Register for each Subcontractor/Vendor and co-ordinate Non-Conformity Resolution.
• To prepare my own section’s Monthly report.
• Managing junior engineers/QC Inspectors of their work allotment in the supervision.
• To Inspect the Welding to be employed at Site and the qualifications of the welders operating within the plant, according to Project Specifications and Standards.
• To inspect Fit-up inspection on pipe to pipe, pipe with valves, Pipeline inspection, Hydro testing of valves & Pipeline, NDT inspection on welded joints during shut down.
• To advise on repair techniques, materials selection, welding procedures, inspection and testing requirements.
• Valves Manufacturing - Gate, Globe, check, LSV, FSV, SVG, Plug, Super –H Valves inspection of special welding process of various components on stage inspection.
Non Destructive Testing
• To supervise and participates in non-destructive testing of equipment and piping, including review of preliminary interpretations carried out by subordinates.
• To check the execution of Non-Destructive Tests and Heat Treatment and to keep a Record / Report on it.
• To check that all repairs are performed correctly and Non-Destructive Tests are regularly repeated.
• To check that the equipment and manpower employed by the Subcontractor are adequate and that the works performed by the Subcontractor Conform To Design Documents and to the Quality level fixed by the same.
• To obtain any necessary approval for Changing, as appropriate, welding procedures and for performing repairs requiring Special Procedures.
• Prior to the start of works, to check the Suppliers material and Technical Documentation delivery schedule. Check that the same is in line with Construction schedules and Contractual Commitments.
• To detect any Design Errors, and where possible rectify the same or request the Site Engineer to make the necessary changes.
• Preparation of PQR, WPS & WPQ as per AWS D1.1
• Stage inspection and approval of processes and procedures as described in relevant QAP’s.
• Preparation of QAP according to the job / batch production process.
Third Party Inspection
• Handled Customer/ Client Inspection and Third Party like BVIS, TPL, TUV, IIQA, and Quest - Inspection Coordination.
Surface Preparation & Painting
• Inspection of blasted surface profile as per specification/drawing.
• Inspection in Painting and blasting by comparator and paint DFT gauge.