Mech Maintenance, Supervision, Commissioning, Surveyor, Shipbuilding adn repairs, Logisitics, Safety Officer, ISM system, ISM code
• Navigation Maritime Bulgare (Bulgarian Govt owned Shipping Company) www.navbul.com within Sep 1981 – Apr 1991,
occupations: 4-th, 3-rd, 2-nd Ship Engineer
• United Arab Emirates Shipping Co Ltd – www.uasc.com.kw/index.asp Oct 1991 – Aug 1993,
Occupation - 2-nd ship engineer
• “Bulunion” Co. Ltd – private ro-ro company, Dec 1993 – Dec 1998, occupations: 2-nd Engineer and Chief Engineer.
• “Nordic Shipping & Trading” – Jan 1998 – Nov 1998, Occupation - Senior Chief Engineer
• “Gozo Channel Co Ltd” – Malta, Govt owned ro-ro company.
www.gozochannel.com Feb 18, 2000 till present, still servicing.
Involved in “Gozo ferries project” - new ship building and commissioning of both brand new Ro-Pax ships “Ta’ Pinu” and “Gaudos”, capacity 900/1000 passengers, under DNV supervision, designed by “Ulstein” – Norway and built by Malta Shipbuilding Co Ltd.
Education: Naval Academy – Bulgaria, 1976 – 1981 www.naval-acad.bg
Civil Speciality: Operations and Maintenance of Ship Power plants
Qualification: Mechanical Engineer–Master Degree, Aug 1981
Competency: Ship’s Engineer Officer First Degree, unlimited power
Occupation: Senior Chief Engineer
Training and certificates:
• Crisis management and human behaviour
• Fire prevention and fire fighting / Advanced fire fighting
• Personal survival Techniques / Proficiency in Survival Craft
• Elementary first aid / Proficiency in medical first aid
• Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
• Inert gas systems
• Chemical tanker familiarization
• Advanced training on chemical tanker operations
• Oil tanker familiarization
• Advanced training on oil tanker operations
- experience in new shipbuilding and commissioning
- knowledge of IMO class legislations, Classification Society regulations.
- knowledge, familiarity and a genuine positive attitude to use and implement
Technical Management System, ISM code
- strong team player and teambuilding skills
- strong computer skills - Word, Excel, Power point, Adobe photo shop
- experience in high technology design environment
- very good problem – solving and decision – making abilities
- proven excellence as a leader in a dynamic fast-paced environment / maintenance scheduling and surveys.
- project and equipment experience
- very good eye for details
- elastic approach to work ability
- ability to work under pressure in stressful conditions
- highly adaptable to new environment.
Languages: English - fluent
Russian - fluent
Bulgarian - fluent
Maltese (85% Arabic) – satisfactory, written and spoken