I am looking for employment on any sea going vessel as a ships officer. I would like to be a bridge officer and deck officer.
I am recently retired from the Canadian Navy after completing 20 years; attaining the rank of Petty Officer Second Class mainly I/C of Anchor and cable work as well as various deck evolutions such as Fuelling and cargo transfer. My responsibility as Chief Quarter Master and Petty Officer of the Watch at sea was to ensure the sound knowledge and safety of the bridge watches.
Upon completion of my Naval Career I attended the Nova Scotia Community College, the Nautical Institute in Port Hawkesbury, Cape Breton to attain my Bridge Unrestricted Watch Keeping Mate certification, Canadian Department of Transportation certified.
I have been to 32 countries and most of the Islands in the Bahamas, Caribbean and Mediterranean seas.
I have also earned a Travel and Tourism diploma from The Success College, in Sackville, Nova Scotia, as well my Cruise Consultant Certificate from The Halifax Cruise Ship Center and two credits in business management, control and planning from Mount Saint Vincent University in Halifax.
Since attaining my credentials I have been employed on the M/Y The Highlander as an OOW and unlicensed Engineer for a short period.
I require only my stability certification and a little sea time at this rank to be eligible for my Command Endorsement for vessels up to 3,000 tons.
(Nautical/Military Training and other Relevant Courses)
• GMDSS (GOC) // Ship Management 092 // Astro Navigation and Sextant 051
• SEN 1A-B+ SEN 2 (Command), Simulated Electronic Navigation (SIM 1 D.O.T)
• Meteorology 072 // Communications // Morse Code 012 // Chart work, Pilotage, and Navigation Safety training 041/061 // General Seamanship and Ship knowledge, stability and construction modules 151
• Canadian Coast Guard RHIOT (Rigid Hull Intense Operator Training) search and rescue training // General Military Instructors Training course
• Fire/Flood and Damage Control training, MED A1/B1/B2/C/D (Senior officer)
• Boatswain Trade qualification level TQ6A/B and Junior Leadership trained
• ST. John’s Marine Advanced First Aid/CPR
• Various small arms/demolitions training courses // WHIMIS Training
• SWOAD Trained for helicopter work at sea. (Ship Without Air Department)
• Stress Management Trained // Suicide Intervention // SHARP Trained (Harassment)
MCA OOW Unlimited.
Chief Mate up to 3,000 tons/ON2.
Travel and Tourism Diploma.
PADI Open water diver.
International Bartending Certificate.
• Trained in navigation, firefighting/fire team leader, demolitions, search and rescue, small boats coxswain, crane/forklift operation, spray-painter/supervisor, various personnel management training, organization and self-disciplinary skills
• I/C of anchor work and line handling. I/C of fuelling party for Replenishment at sea and Petty Officer of the Watch at sea also Duty Coxswain alongside. Chief Quarter Master of watches ensuring knowledge and procedure to be followed. I also was I/C of many Deck evolutions and most maintenance of cranes and gear.
• Bar manager/tender on numerous ships
• Employed/volunteered in supervisor/instructor position for numerous military promotional and public relation/affairs position
I am a non smoker, i enjoy working out, playing tennis, volleyball and biking. I play a little guitar and keyboards. I am very friendly and generous. I am very energetic and love to be around and serve poeple. I speak basic French and Spanish. I am a very good large event planner and have numerous succesful events under my belt. I am very keen on uniforms being neat and keep my hair short at all times.