I would like to find a job as a ships officer so i can upgrade my tickets to Command endorsed. UK and Canadian passports held.
2007 – M/Y The Highlander
2007 – Upper Lakes Group Shipping
? Wheelman on 730 foot bulk carriers.
2005/6 Cruise Consultant. Halifax Cruise Ship Centers.
? Passed cruise consultant exam and did 4 back to back “Product knowledge cruises”.
1993- 2005 Boatswain CAF. (Navy) Rank: Petty Officer Second Class.
Trade qualification level 6B
• Trained in navigation, firefighting/fire team leader, demolitions, search and rescue, small boats coxswain, crane/forklift operation, spray-painter/supervisor, various personnel management training, organization and self-disciplinary skills
• Petty Officer of the Watch at sea, Duty Coxswain of the watch alongside and Chief Quarter Master, Part Ship i/c of maintenance, deck evolutions, anchor work and berthing HMCS St. Johns.
• Bar manager/tender on numerous ships
• Employed/volunteered in supervisor/instructor position for numerous military promotional and public relation/affairs positions;
? Nova Scotia International Tattoo Naval Display trainer. (4 yrs)
? Divisional Petty Officer for Fleet Augmentation Atlantic. (1.5 yrs)
? Fleet Club Sports Chairman/Executive (2.5 yrs)
? United Way Military Unit coordinator/Rep (3 yrs).
? Tours of duty in Arabian Gulf and Europe
1981.1989 Boatswain, CAF. (Navy), Rank: Leading Seaman.
• Trained in navigation, firefighting, demolitions, search and rescue, boat coxswain, crane/forklift operation, spray-painting, Junior Leadership Course.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Nova Scotia Community College / Canso Strait Area Nautical Institute, 2006/7
• “Unrestricted” Watch Keeping Mate Ticket. (Transport Canada certified)
World Bartending Training Organization, Vancouver, B.C, Sept-Oct 2006
• Bartending Certificate
Halifax Cruise Ship Center
? Cruise Consultant Examination
Success College of Applied Arts and Technology 2004-2005
• Tourism and Travel Diploma
• Open Water Diver
Mount Saint Vincent University Credits, 2003-2004
• Management Planning and Control, Management Organization and Directing.
(Nautical/Military Training and other Relevant Courses)
• GMDSS/ (GOC) - Ship Management 092 - Astro Navigation and Sextant 051
• SEN 1A-B+2, Simulated Electronic Navigation (SIM 1 D.O.T)
• Communications/Morse Code 012 - Chart work, Pilotage, and Navigation Safety training 041/061 - General Seamanship and Ship knowledge, stability and construction modules 151- Meteorology 072
• Canadian Coast Guard RHIOT (Rigid Hull Intense Operator Training) /search and rescue training - General Military Instructors Training course.
• Fire/Flood and Damage Control training, MED A1/B1/B2/C/D
• Boatswain Trade qualification level TQ6A/B and Junior Leadership trained
• ST. John’s Marine Advanced First Aid/CPR Harassment councilor)
• Various small arms/demolitions training courses - WHIMIS Training
• SWOAD Trained for helicopter work at sea. (Ship Without Air Department)
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Supervisory and leadership abilities resulting in strong team commitment
• Hardworking, conscientious worker with abundant drive and energy
• Solid organizer with experience planning and organizing activities and events
• Initiative with strong communication skills, basic Spanish and French; able to visualize, communicate and put into practice new ideas
• Responsible for direction, coordination, and evaluation of security department
• Key member of numerous projects requiring start up, implementation and/or management (next paragraph)
I hold both Canadian and British passports.
I am quite physically fit.
I am awaiting a course on Tanker endorsement.
I need my stability course and a little more time at sea as an OOW to attain my Command Endorsement up to 3,000 tons