Being a management graduate from shipping arena my objective is to maximize the wealth of my employer through effective implementation of management principles and match personal growth with that of the company.
Worked at Whitefield Honda, Bangalore (Honda Cars Dealership) as Sales Consultant from 23 July 2004 to 30 June 2005.
Nature of Work:
• To make presentation and give test drive for prospects.
• To make cold calls, visit prospects and demonstrate new product, features and highlight advantages over competitor products.
• To convert prospect into customers and customers into delighted customers.
Presently working in a Belgium based Shipping Service Provider Company as Senior Executive at Sharjah since 11-Jun-06 till date.
Nature of Work:
• To study and analyze clauses in agency appointment letter and make sure that agent is adhering to them.
• To resolve outstanding issues between disponent owners of the vessel and agents through negotiation, by providing amicable solution to resolve them, maximize efficiency and minimize turn around time and at times avoid possible delay or even arrest of the vessel due to short/ non-available of funds to agent.
• Aid operator in voyage planning and vessel rotation for various activities like loading / discharging, dry docking and bunkering etc. through constant stream of input and information through master and agents being fed into sophisticated computer system.
• To screen Proforma DA submitted by agents on behalf of the operator calculate various cost items and check for correctness and seek clarifications from agent and make savings for our valued customers.
JSSMVP - Mysore affiliated to Ed-Excel, U.K.
Higher National Diploma (HND) In Mechanical Engineering.
Stood 2nd by securing 71.2% aggregate.
University Of Mysore, Mysore
Bachelor Of Science (B.Sc)
2004 – 2006
Birla Institute Of Technology (BIT) - Mesra, Ranchi.
Masters Of Business Administration (MBA)
Sector Specialization: Shipping & Port Management
Functional Specitization: Marketing
Academic record stands at an aggregate of 76% (First Class).
Training & Project Details:
Internship: Have undergone 2 months of internship training at Sohar Shipping Trading & Transport Co. L.L.C., agents for Evergreen Marine Corporation, Muscat, Sultanate Of Oman.
Project 1: “Competitor Analysis of Ahlers with other International Freight Forwarders in Chenna ”
Ahlers Logistics and Maritime Services, (Ahlers – Belgium), Chennai.
Project 2 : “ A Comprehensive study on Project Cargo and ODC, its potential market in Chennai ”.
Haytrans, (Transworld Group of companies), Chennai.
Dry bulk and tanker Chartering
Economics of Sea Transport
Liner Trade & Multimodal Transport
Participated in Marine symposium – 2004 A world shipping forum –
“The changing business model in the new economy” organized by The Institute of Marine Engineers (India).
Visited Chennai Port, Marmagao Port and Ship Yard in Goa to get hands-on real-time experience in port and yard operations as well as inspected & studied a bulk carrier berthed at Chennai port.
Attended the Institute Of Chartered Ship Brokers (ICS) course on “Shipping Practices”.
Took part in an international seminar on “Opportunities Ahoy” and Legal Workshop, jointly conducted by ICS – Madras and BIMCO.
Presented paper on New & Innovative Product Development at Management meet at Jeppiar College of Management, Chennai.