To seek employment in a shore based Maritime Environment.
ASP Tanker Management, Singapore. June’06 – Feb ‘08
Captain, in command of ships (Product Tanker) Dec ‘06 – Feb ‘08
• Responsible for further strengthening and continuous implementation of, and compliance with, all company required ship management policies and procedures.
• Got the vessel successfully cleared through Class NKK’s, initial Shipboard Security Safety Management system audits & USCG COC Exams.
• Carried out a safe, efficient and economical operation of the vessel, leading to a time charter being extended twice.
• Responsible for safe navigation of vessel and efficient organization on board.
Chief Officer – Head of Department – Deck (Product Tankers) June ’06 – Oct ‘06
• New Delivery of Product tanker from Iwagi Shipyard in Japan, went on to take command of the same vessel, later again in 2006
• Involved in the complete implementation of the company safety management system on board for safe and efficient operation of ships.
TESMA, Singapore. Aug ‘00 - Jan ‘06
Chief Officer – Head of Department – Deck (combination carriers) Jan ’02 – Jan ‘06
Combination carriers are hybrid vessels designed to carry either wet or dry cargo.
• Acquired experience in handling dry bulk cargo as well, including the critical intricacies involved in converting from wet to dry and vice versa.
• As a chief officer, had direct responsibility of safe loading, carriage and discharge of cargo, vessel maintenance and safety readiness at all times.
• Carried out training of the crew – brushing up their shipboard duties, Leading teams to improve their response to all kinds of shipboard emergencies, as well as preparing them for their next rank.
• Went through complete dry docking for two of the combination carriers, including planning, preparing the dry dock specifications, execution of work, redelivery of the vessel from the repair yard after completing all requisite inspections and tests.
• Prepared vessel for oil major vetting and audits, third party inspections, flag state surveys and port state control inspections.
Sailed as a 2nd officer; preparing and executing plans for safest and most economical navigational routes between ports. Aug ‘00 - Oct ‘01
MOL Tankship, London (very large crude carriers) 1998
• Acquired experience in the critical operations on crude carriers whilst sailing as a 2nd Officer
Great Eastern Shipping Co. Ltd, Mumbai. (Product tankers) Jan ‘93 – Nov ‘97
• Completed apprenticeship.
• Acquired certification as a 2nd mate (F.G.) from DG Shipping India.
• Sailed as a 2nd officer – preparing and executing plans for safest and most economical navigational routes between ports.
• Masters Exams for Mariners (an international license to command merchant vessels), from South Tyneside College, UK; a world-renowned center for marine education and Training; Dec 2002
• An approved program, leading to BTEC Higher National Diploma in Nautical Science, from South Tyneside College, UK. Apr 2000
• Pre-Sea Training from reputed Cadet Academy T.S.Jawahar, followed by an apprenticeship with the “Great Eastern Shipping Company Ltd”. May 1993
• St. James’ School, Kolkata, (ISCE). Class of 1992
In various professional courses as required by the administration, i.e. fire fighting, personal safety and social responsibility, oil tanker training programme, Ship-masters medical and various other ship related courses, as enumerated below.
• Completed IS0 9000:2000 Series Auditor / Lead Auditor course conducted by LRQA. – July 2007.
• Ships Security Officer, Seatrains, Mumbai, India, 2005.
• Bridge Resource Management Seatrains, Mumbai, India, 2004.
• Internal Quality & Safety Auditing, Sensea Maritime Academy, Kolkata, India. 2002.
• Certificate of Competency, Master (F.G.), MCA, Southampton, UK, December 2002.
• High Pressure Hydraulic System Familiarization, Seatrains, Mumbai, India, 2001.
• OPA 90 training Course, Seatrains, Mumbai, India, 2000.
• Computer Based Planned Maintenance Familiarization, Seatrains, Mumbai, India, 2000.
• Safety Management System, Seatrains, Mumbai, India, 2000.
• Oil Tanker Training Programme, South Tyneside College, UK. – 2000
• Proficiency in Survival Craft & Rescue Boats, IIPM, Kolkata, India, 2000.
• Advance Fire Fighting, IIPM, Kolkata, India, 2000.
• Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities, South Tyneside College, UK. – 2000
• Navigation, radar and ARPA simulator training (management level), South Tyneside College, UK. – 1999.
• Certificate of Proficiency for persons in charge of Medical Care on Board Ships, South Tyneside College, UK. – 1999.
• RSA Computer Literacy and Information Technology, Stage 1, South Tyneside College, UK, 1999.
• Global Maritime Distress Safety Signals GMDSS- UK, Kolkata, India – 1998.
• Radar Observers Course including ARPA, Mumbai, India, 1997.
• Have attended company organized seminars and conferences, undergone training in Soft Skills, Attitudinal intelligence, effective team work, stress management and participative/leadership for teams.
• Familiar with regulatory body and classification society practices and procedures.
• Self Motivated and meticulous work ethic
• Good interpersonal and communications skills
Member Of Nautical Institute