Master Mariner Operation and Safety superintendent
- Vessel Operations
Position Applied for:
GM MARINE OPS/DPA & CSO/HEAD HSEQ
Date of birth:
Address & contact details:
Navi Mumbai India
- Marine Engineering with First Class from Govt of India, –1984- 1988
- MBA Marketing IGNOU New Delhi- June 2000
- Master COC Foreign Going Unlimited Class 1 with Oil & Chemical DCE ( COE from UK,Singapore,Hong Kong,Panama , Malta & Marshal Island)
- MASTER MARINER FG CLASS 1 UNLIMITED
- HSEQ TRAINING AND WORK EPERIENCE
- DPO BASIC
- COMPUTER APPLICATION DIPLOMA FROM NIIT
- ADVANCED FIRE FIGHTING/SHIP SECURITY OFFICER/SHIP SAFETY OFFICER/MASTER MEDICARE
- ISPS/ISM AUDITS/MLC2006
- TANKER SAFETY COURSES OIL/CHEMICAL AND
- LIQUID CARGO HANDLING COURSE
- CHEMICAL, NUCLEAR & BIOLOGICAL WARFARE & SURVIVAL TECHNIQUES
- GMDSS OPERATIONAL LEVEL
- NAVIGATION,CARGO AND SHIP OPERATION AT MANAGEMENT LEVEL
Qualifications & Courses
Various courses for - IMO rules & regulations, Class rules , Shipping Management ,ISM/ISPS Internal Auditor MLC 2006 Compliance.HSEQ Inspection & Vetting as per OCIMF
Experience and Key Skills:
Having + 25 years Overall experience in Oil and Gas Industry,,Offshore Industry,HSEQ, Logistics & Supply Chain Management, Marine Logidtics & Marine Operations, Port operations, Commercial Shipping, Marine Projects Management , ,ISM/ISPS /MLC 2006 Auditing ,Sire & CDI Inspections. Prior vetting experience, with a clear understanding of vetting processes, inspections processes, and vessel documentation .which includes 15 yrs sailing on Tanker Ships & Offshore Vessel till the rank of Master with Reputed Companies.
Sailed as Senior deck officer on oil & Chm tankers.
- NOV. 2008 – MARCH 2015
Sailed as MASTER/ /Add Master / Chief officer on Crude,Product,Chemical,Offshore Vessels and tankers loading from deepSea,Terminals,SPM,Rigs and offshore.Loaded tankers through STS at deep sea all over the world as per OCIMF
•ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES AS MASTER
Responsible for its safe and efficient operation, including cargo operations, navigation, crew management and ensuring that the vessel complies with local and international laws, as well as company and flag state policies. All persons on board, including officers and crew, other shipboard staff members, passengers, guests and pilots, are under the captain's authority and are his ultimate responsibility
April , 2015 Till date Company Name: Ownership Shipping Company
Position: GM MARINE OPS,DPA/ CSO,HEAD QUALITY & SAFETY
- Safety and environmental compliance as a top priority.
- To be responsible for All Marine ops in accordance to prevalent international standards.
- Work with the fleets to develop effective environmental and marine strategies and provide
- Consult with fleets and provide assistance on improving environmental performance through the development of clear action plans for meeting commitments and goals.
- Develop and recommend environmental and safe navigation policies consistent
- with company core values, commitments and goals.
- Promote organisation wide initiatives for safe navigation and sustainability.
- Monitor industry best practices and technological advances.
- Undertake incident investigations. Responsible for the quarterly risk review and be a resource and proactive participant in quarterly risk reviews and provide HSEQ inputs to Risk Review process. .
- Responsible for vessel acceptance, questionnaires, vetting inquiries and other to ensure prompt responses in close cooperation with Manager Marine & Vetting
- Be prepared to carry out, lead, coordinate or participate in incident investigations, as required.
- Driving and being responsible together with, Vessel Manager/Fleet manager for internal inspection
- To comply with company security policy and carry out duty of CSO
Aug. 2008 – Oct 2008
Company Name: Qatar Shipping
Position: HSEQ & Hull Superintendent
Projects: Four (4) VLCC in HHI Offshore and Main Yard( For Shell & Qatar Gas)
- Lead contract execution activity to a high standard for VLCC and Topside fabrication & construction activity
- Implementing ISM code for Safety and Environmental management
- Develop and track metrics for safety adjusting as needed
- Carry out accident investigations involving company vessels and personnel
- Carry OUT Ship inspections to ensure company and OCIMF requirements were met.
- Monitor compliance with all aspects of safety policy and training
- Coordinate safety investigations of personal injuries, accidents, near misses, unsafe act/unsafe conditions and marine pollution incidents
- Effective incident investigation
- Conducting hazard assessments and safety audits on vessels
- Conduct internal security audits on vessels
- Conduct internal ISM audits on vessels
- Conducts safety audits on vessels
- Monitoring docking undocking of VLCC ships.
June 2004 - April 2006
(May 1996- July 1999)
( July 1989-May 1996)
Company Name:Essar Energy Ltd IndiaPosition: Deputy General Manager Marine & Commercial Operationsincluding HSEQ
- Head of Operations in India looking after supervision of all Vessel Operations and Cargo flow / capacity management activities .
- Safety, Security and Environment focal ( SSE focal ) for the company activities.
- Capacity management/ Vessel allocation / Space control including liaison with the commercial team and trade desk, in order to ensure optimization and utilization of vessels
- Overview all agency operations, customs procedures, port calls, surveys and certification.
- Reporting to Managing Director and COO for ISC region Port Developments, Projects and other associated projects in the pipeline. This refers numerous visits to developing projects in special reference to hinterland activities, cargo flow, and infrastructure and investment options.
- Boarding officer for STS Operations.
- MARINE PROJECT MANAGEMENT : WITH YARD PROJECT TEAM
- Co-ordinate with all the departments and divisions of the Project Company and various consultants/contractors from time to time
- Testing of works in construction yard and also on off-shore field locations
- To ensure periodical inspection and establish correct method properly preserve the materials.
- In charge of timely and quality repairs of Ships, Submarines, Port facilities, Jetty operations, Cargo operations, and Civil projects at Naval and Private repair yards viz Mazagon dock, Mumbai port trust, Hindustan Shipyard Ltd Visakhapatnam and abroad.
- Monitor the vessel hiring budgets.
- Control of Cost and Expenditure within stipulated project limits and time constraints.
Position:Vessel’s Hull, Machinery Maintenance & HSEQ Officer
- Hull & Machinery officer for ships 1989-1996-The job required leading teams for maintenance, repairs, installation, modification and operations of equipments and machineries..
- Responsible for damage control, Stability calculations, fire fighting and Safety equipments operations. .
- Responsible for Maintenance and operations of Liquid Cargo pumps, Davits, Cranes, Deck Machineries, Anchor and windlass, Welding and Workshop machineries.
- Paint technology, application and inspection.
- Hoisting and lowering equipments such as davits, derricks, cranes, gantries.
- Docking /Undocking of Vessels
- Marine operations during loading,unloading,Berthing