Commercial & Operations, Loss Prevention and Claims management, Port Management
Aug ’07 – Present Master Mariner
MSI Shipmanagement Pte Ltd, Great Eastern Shipping Co.
Aframax & LR1 Crude & Product Oil Tankers
Apr ’08 - Apr ‘09 Seaways Shipping Ltd.
DGM – Marketing (Feeder & NVOCC Div.)
Key Performance Area (Shore Based);
A. Feeder Division
1. In-charge of owned and chartered fleet of feeder vessel’s commercial management.
2. Conceptualizing and effectuating innovative policies for operational activities including sales.
Turnover of over USD15m p.a.
3. Formulating and forecasting need based budgets.
4. Monitoring adherence to Charter Parties and fulfilling the SLA / contractual agreements / CE Metrics.
5. Entered into Joint feeder service agreement with largest shipping co. in India.
6. Launched a fresh feeder sector totalling to three sectors.
1. Launched a fresh NVOCC business. Beginning with the basic business planning, team formations,
creating a blueprint and eventual marketing/sales.
2. Overseeing and directing NVOCC SBU with 60+ agency appointments.
3. Negotiating lease agreements with leading container leasing companies and managing inventory.
4. USD1.5m turnover in three months of launch with focus on China, SE Asia, ISC and P.Gulf region.
C. Business Development
1. Played key role in attending seminars, meeting clients, conducting market research, participating in
tendering process, increasing customer base, opening new accounts etc.
2. Carried out a deep analysis on coastal shipping in India and inland cargo’s conversion to sea.
D. Commercial & Tech Management of Owned/Chartered Ships
1. Purchase of two container vessels, their technical and commercial management.
2. Appointed and monitoring of tech & crew managers and overseeing entire gamut of shipping
3. Technical Budget of USD2.5m p.a.
Jun ’06 – May’10 Rising Star Kidz
Owner of pre-school at CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai.
Mar’ 06 – Present Haward Technology Middle East
Mar ’06 – May ’06 Rising Star Ships (Ship Manning company)
Owned and operated. Due to losses project closed.
Jan ’00 – Nov ’04 Teekay shipping (Canada) Pvt. Ltd (Aframax Oil Tankers)
1 Nov ’02 – Nov ‘04 Chief Officer
2 Jan ‘00 – Oct ’02 Second Officer
3 Nov ’98 – Dec ’99 Third Officer (Bona Shipholding Norway)
4 Aug ‘94 - Oct ‘98 Cadet & 3rd Officer (Shipping Corporation of India Ltd)
2009 Ongoing Distance Learning Course from ‘Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers’
2007 BSc. Nautical Science, Equivalent Cert from ‘University of Mumbai’
2006 MBA, Central Queensland University – General Management (Full Time)
Attained top position in the class.
1994 Bachelor of Science (2 yrs) from Mrs. A.V.N. College, Visakhapatnam, India - Not complete
(Majors studied: Math,Physics,Chemistry).
1992 10+2 (PCM/75%), K.V. Malkapuram, CBSE Board.
2007 Master F.G. COC from MMD Mumbai
2005 Certificate in Intellectual Property Rights from Indian Law Institute, New Delhi.
2005 Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
2005 OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditor
2004 ISO 9001:2000, IRCA Lead Auditor
1994 Certificate, Pre-Sea Nautical Studies, from T.S.Chanakya, Mumbai, India
Various: Maritime Courses as approved under STCW’95
ECDIS Risk Assessment and Management Bridge Team Management Ship Manoeuvring Simulator
Ship Security Officer Certified Assessor Safety Management System Planned maintenance system
Medical Care Automatic Radar Plotting Aids Radar Operators Course Radar, ARPA & Navigation Simulator
Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats, Survival at Sea Advanced Fire Fighting
Liquid Cargo Handling Simulator Personal Safety & Social Responsibility Specialized Tanker Safety Course
Global Maritime Distress and Safety System Incident Investigation & Loss Prevention
A competent leader and a result oriented Master Mariner holding MBA degree with recognized proficiency in
leading the entire gamut of shipboard operations & container logistics, encompassing Commercial
Management, Quality & Safety Management Systems, Shipping Operations, as well as Team Management. A
proven planner and implementer with competencies in heading SBU, driving key corporate strategies & KPIs
for growth, and an outlook for continuous business development. Has an impeccable track record of 17
years in Maritime Industry specialising in Oil Tankers with demonstrated communication, leadership and
project management skills coupled with exceptional organizational ability.
Date of Birth : 16th June 1975
Passport Detail : E 8097634 Valid:11/03/2014
Address : Villa No.10, Swati Park, Killa Gaothan, CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai - 400614
Last Salary : USD 12,500/- p.m.
Expected : Negotiable (Competitive)
Availability : Two weeks notice
Location : Any, Also holding valid UK Tier 1 Visa (unlimited, Valid till July’2012)