Seeking maritime job ashore to share my experience and skills and to learn new skills for job performance improvement.
• Master Mariner- Global TS- Kuala Lumpur Mar 12-Present
• Monitoring safety and security of the crew, cargo and the environment as the vessel transports Malaysia Oil Major- Petronas cargo of ADO and ULG 95 cargo from Refining terminals to distribution ports.
• Ensuring vessel is ISM/ISPS/ISO 9001 and 14001 compliant.
• Pre vetting and tanker vetting experienced for OCIMF Sire Vetting compliance and ISM Audit.
Master Mariner, American Eagle Tankers (AET) – Kuala Lumpur Mar 09-Mar 2011
• Trained, coached and mentored ship staff to ensure smooth adoption of new company programs.
• Efficiently managed safety of crew and cargo; successfully prepared vessels for ISM audits for compliance.
• Maintained vessels to pass oil major sire inspections / vetting with minimum observations to boost vessels’ charter / hire.
• Ensured environmentally safe carriage of oil bulk cargo to the satisfaction of oil majors including ConocoPhillips, Exxon-Mobil, BP, Shell, Chevron, etc., thereby enhancing AET’s reputation and business.
Marine Superintendent, FPSO Ventures, Malaysia Offshore Co., Kuala Lumpur Jul 08-Feb 09
• Successfully provided technical and logistics support for offshore installations – FPSO / FSO avoiding downtime.
• Carried out facility auditing, inspection and preparation of comprehensive reports to management ensuring safe, smooth and profitable business ethics were practiced, with good earnings.
• Spearheaded facility shutdown maintenance including UWILD with minimum downtime.
• Daily video conferencing with field owners – PETRONAS & FSO Offshore Management Team to monitor crew safety, maintenance and welfare resulting in cost effective operation of the installations.
• Carried out periodical safety inspections of field / offshore support vessels for safe operations.
• Periodically hosted and chaired FPSO Venture & Talisman Energy Management meetings to assure continuous compliance of company approved procedures, practices and safety systems.
Marine Supervisor / FSO Master/Inspector, FPSO Ventures, Kuala Lumpur Dec 06-Jun 08
• Strengthened company's business by leading implementation of safe floating ship offloading operation procedures.
• With concern to the environment, safely and successfully managed import of crude oil from oil platforms to export tankers maintaining good reputation and increasing revenue for the company by 25%.
Lecturer - Nautical Science, Malaysia Maritime Academy Oct 05-Dec 06
• As Team Leader, surpassed revenue goals by professionally training and coaching sea-going students in safe tanker operations, ship handling and liquid cargo handling simulation
Merchant Mariner Education & Licensure
Tyneside College, South Shields, UK
• Master Mariner Certificate Of Competency -Unlimited (U.K. MCA) & STCW 95 1991
• Class 2 Deck / Chief Officer – U.K. DOT 1986
• Class 3 Deck Officer – U.K. DOT 1984
Tanker Industry Training & Certifications
• SAS Bridge Resource Management, ECDIS.
• Navigation Control Systems, ARPA, and Marine Accident Investigations.
• Shipboard Training & Assessment, Ship Security Officer (ISPS).
• Company Security Officer, Advanced Fire Fighting, Ship Handling Simulation, Liquid Cargo Handling Simulation.
• Advanced Petroleum Tanker Safety / Advanced Gas Tanker Safety / Dangerous Liquid & Gas cargo Endorsement.
• Chemical tanker training
• Over 20 years of Merchant Marine experience and knowledge, with strong leadership and relationship-building skills.
• Marine Operations Experience / knowledge in marine Oil & Gas terminals, oil tankers / gas carriers, marine systems, offloading systems, and towing systems.
• Capable of providing work direction and technical training to less experienced project team members in the area of offshore and onshore terminal operations.
• Experienced in emergency preparedness, drills and procedures for safety, security and environmental protection.
• Safety role model - promoting safety awareness to marine project team members.
• Experienced dealing with diverse cultures using courtesy, tact, & good judgment; committed team player & encourager.
• Strong verbal & written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically among multinational audiences.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of company sensitive information and communications.
• Client focussed, result driven, and ability to understand and execute complex oral and written instructions.
• Ability to meet customer expectations and demonstrate cordiality as well as flexibility, ensuring the integrity of the organization’s interest.
• Computer Skills: Class approved software for ships, e.g. cargo & ballast operations (Stabiload), as well as Microsoft Office Applications.
US Permanent Resident.
• Excellent English speaking and writing
• Excellent references available upon request.
• Willing to relocate.