I am seeking a challenging position within a global organization in the FPSO/offshore sector, which would enable me to utilize my extensive experience of over 15 years in the marine industry with a truly multinational exposure, to maximize benefits for the organization and achieve personal growth. I am a self motivated and hard working individual with a deep rooted safety & team work culture to ensure safe, efficient & cost effective operations & management.
• 06/1992 – 12/1996 Served as Apprentice & 3/Off with Great eastern Shipping Company.
• 01/1997 - 12/2000 Served as 3/Off, 2/Off with Chevron Shipping Company
• 01/2001 – 12/2004 Served as Chief Officer with Chevron Shipping Company
• 01/2005 – 03/2007 Served as Ch Officer & Master with Eurasia Ship Management
• 04/2007 – 04/2008 Served as Master with Dynacom Tankers
• 05/2008 – till date Serving as Master with Thome Ship Management within the Frontline Pool of VLCC’s.
All Master mariner related certification
Marine Operations, Planning & Team Management:
• Have a natural gift of ship handling skills with experience on all sizes of vessels from Panamax tankers to VLCC’s.
• Extensive knowledge of marine operations management.
• Analytical, problem solving, time management & decision making skills.
• Preparing various daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual reports and presenting the same to the management for facilitating decision making process.
• Leading as Manager a team of about 30 personnel of the marine facility covering Operations, Maintenance, Safety and Quality, Training, Personnel and Administration.
• Ability to be effective and deliver under stress.
• Ability to respond positively to customers in an effective manner.
Risk Management and Accident Prevention Skills
• Risk Management by conducting Risk Analysis and Prevention of accidents.
• Implementation of Safe Job Analysis System on various ships in varied scenarios.
• Extensive use of Permit to Work systems and conducting various Tool Box Meetings and Safety Meetings.
• Trained in Accident Investigation, Identifying root causes leading to an incident.
• Responsible for imparting safety training and encourage near miss reporting.
Marine Facility Management, Environment Management and Inventory control :
• Spearheading functions relating to Housekeeping, Pest Control, Maintenance, and Waste Management.
• Ensuring all aspects of Environment Compliance Programs.
• Developing long-term partnerships with suppliers & vendors; managing day-to-day supplier performance to ensure meeting of service, cost, delivery and quality norms.
• Handling the inventory function so as to curtail inventory holding expenses and adherence to the minimum inventory level & to minimize wastage.
• Maintaining Logistics formalities on ship as “Operations Head”.
• Productivity assessment, analysis and continuous improvement.
• Excellent Leadership Skills and Personnel Management
• Excellent Planning and Organizational Skills, Implementation of Projects, Supervisory Skills
• Management of multiple complex Tasks, Challenges, and Changes.
• Excellent Motivational Skills, Problem Solving and Analytical skills
• Proper assessment and training of Personnel.
• Ensuring Compliance with various statutory Industry / Flag State / Port State Rules and Regulations.
• Have excellent knowledge of chartering practice, having worked on ships employed on time charter,spot charter and COA voyages for charterers like BP, Shell, Chevron, Exxon-Mobil, etc.
• Experienced in successfully & effectively working in the USA, Western Europe, Australia, Japan and around the Globe under stringent rules & regulations.
• Implementation of ISO 14001 systems on various ships, Audits and Control, Implementation, Verification and Review of Safety Management Systems.
• Conducting Audits, Inspections and imparting Training to ensure compliance.
• Ensuring and maintaining Personnel Documents / Certificates to comply with all legal requirements.