Master Mariner with UK MSA Class 1 Unlimited Cert seeking job as Marine Superintendent/Master on board/ trainer/ offshore FSO Master
Master Mariner AET /American Eagle Tankers
March 2009 – March 2011
Duties responsibilities and achievements include:
? Efficient ship management.
? Safety of crew and cargo.
? Successfully preparing vessels for ISM audits.
? Maintaining vessels to pass Oil Major Inspections/ vetting with minimum observation.
? Ensure environmentally safe Carriage of oil bulk cargo to the satisfaction of Oil Majors such as ConocoPhillips, Tesoro Amorco, Shell, Chevron and others thereby boosting the reputation and business of the Company.
? Consciously working to protect the environment in all shipboard activities.
Marine Superintendent for FPSO Ventures, Malaysia offshore Company
01 July 2008 – 28 February 2009.
? Successfully provided technical and logistics support for offshore installations- FPSO and FSOs.
? Carried out Facility auditing and inspection and preparation of comprehensive reports to Management ensuring safe, smooth and profitable business ethics were practised, boosting earnings.
? Liaised with FSO Masters for Planning and preparation for Facility shutdown maintenance including UWILD.
? Daily video conferencing with Field Owners- Petronas and FSO Offshore Management Team to monitor crew safety, maintenance and welfare resulting in cost effective running of the installations.
? Attended monthly Shore and Offshore Facility Management Team Meetings and briefed the Management of progress.
? Prepared detailed reports of Meetings and submitted to Management which contributed to improvement in facility management.
? Carried out periodical Safety inspections of Field/ offshore support vessels for safe operations.
? Attended periodical FPSO Venture and Talisman Energy Management Meetings to discuss HSSE and Environmental Matters making the facility accident free and cost effective.
Marine Supervisor/ FSO Master/Inspector. 17 December 2006-30 June 2008,
? Successfully supervised risk management in compliance with facility safety requirements.
? With concern to the environment, safely and successfully managed import of crude oil from Oil platforms to export tankers bringing huge profits to the company.
Nautical Lecturer, Malaysia Maritime Academy October 2005-December 2006.
? Professionally trained sea-going students in safe tanker operations, navigation, electronic navigational aids, Ship Handling and Liquid Cargo Handling simulation who became assets to respective shipping companies.
Master on LPG and crude oil and product tankers as well as office attachment for tanker vetting December 1998 – October 2005 MISC-Malaysia
? Worked with Head of Vetting Department, ensuring Ship Vetting Observations were appropriately addressed practically on board.
? Communicated vetting/ inspection reports to Oil Majors. Updated Company vessels records in OCIMF database through communication ensuring vessels were seaworthy and commercially ready to potential charterers.
? Monitoring of Company tankers to comply with all relevant International regulations and Company Safety / Management rules thereby avoiding down time, boosting earnings.
Master on Crude oil/LPG tankers/ Bulk and cargo ships. July 1990 – December 1998.
Vessel safe management,
? Protection of the environment.
? Ensuring vessel quick turn- around for profitable business.
? Crew safety and Pre audit/ vetting of vessels.
? Ensured client satisfaction.
3rd Officer/2nd Officer and Chief Officer with PNSL- Malaysia. prior to 1990
? Efficient Navigation Officer on crude oil tankers/LPG, passenger and general cargo vessels.
? Efficiently maintained vessel’s Life Saving and fire fighting appliances.
? Ensured Cargo/ ballasting/de-ballasting, IGS and COW operations were safely carried out for quick vessel turn around and client satisfaction.
? Tyneside College, South Shields, UK – Master Mariner Class 1 Unlimited
? BTEC Certificate of Achievement (SCOTVEC)UK Tyneside College, South Shields, UK – Chief Officer
? Tyneside College, South Shields, UK – 2nd Officer
? Marine Academy, Ghana – Pre-Sea Navigation
? A Level, West Africa Examination Council
? Level, West Africa Examination Council
Class 1 Master Mariner Unlimited. UK
? SAS Bridge Resource Management, Bridge Team Management, ECDIS,
? Navigation Control Systems, ARPA, Marine Accident Investigation,
? Shipboard Training And Assessment, Ship Security Officer (ISPS),
? Company Security Officer, Advanced Fire Fighting, Ship Handling Simulation, Liquid Cargo Handling Simulation, Advanced Petroleum Tanker Safety / Endorsement, Advanced Gas Tanker Safety / Endorsement
? Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Application Software, MS Word, Excel
? Knowledge of various types of ships, oil/ lpg/general cargo transportation and the marine industry.
? Ability to deal with others using courtesy, tact, and good judgment.
? Maintain the confidentiality of all company sensitive communications.
? Ability to understand and execute complex oral and written instructions.
? Ability to work independently with minimal or no guidance.
? Ability to get along with all staff
• Over 20 years of merchant marine experience and knowledge, with strong leadership and relationship-building skills.
• Marine operations experience / knowledge in marine oil & gas terminals, oil tankers / gas carriers, marine systems, offloading systems, and towing systems.
• Capable of providing work direction and technical training to less experienced project team members in the area of offshore and onshore terminal operations.
• Experienced in emergency preparedness, drills and procedures for safety, security and environmental protection.
• Safety role model - promoting safety awareness to marine project team members.
• Experienced dealing with diverse cultures using courtesy, tact, & good judgment; committed team player & encourager.
• Strong verbal & written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically among multinational audiences.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of company sensitive information and communications.
• Client focussed, result driven, and ability to understand and execute complex oral and written instructions.
• Ability to meet customer expectations and demonstrate cordiality as well as flexibility, ensuring the integrity of the organization’s interest.
• Computer Skills: Class approved software for ships, e.g. cargo & ballast operations (Stabiload), as well as Microsoft Office Applications.