To bring solutions to challenging situations and capable of providing efficient and effective solutions to the customers with proven and self-starting abilities.
• A highly motivated and result oriented Mariner
? Acknowledged for well defined understanding of the business technology interface and capacity to identify and align to the clients’ needs with products and services.
? Having a successful and diverse background on Maritime Recruitment and HR development, Quality Assurance, Project establishment, operations Management, Maritime training and business development in various leading ship Management Companies.
? Experienced in delivering following Key Performance Areas.
• Business development and sustainment • Opportunity Analysis
• Recruitment and Performance monitoring • Market intelligence and market analysis
• Competitive budget proposal • Cost Control and Profit maximization
• System development and implementation • Contract negotiation
? Experienced in successfully setting up the crewing base of a reputed petro-chemical tanker management company in India in 2006 and achieving award winning business growth in a span of one year.
? Involved in conducting training programs on Gas tanker operations, containerization and multimodal transport, commercial and legal knowledge including Marine Insurance and ILO conventions, Loss Prevention, Quality Assurance, Environmental Protection regulations, PSC, CDI/SIRE preparations, ISPS code and Bulk carrier safety to Masters and Mates for about 3 years.
? Having strong leadership qualities, successful team building abilities, excellent analytical & interpersonal skills and proactive approach.
? A self-starter, with proven ability to bring efficient solutions to challenging situations.
Professional Qualifications, Achievements and Affiliations
• Master (F.G.) issued by Govt. of India and Extra Master (Part-B).
• DNV Diploma as Internal Auditor on Safety and Quality Management System.
• Govt. of India certified maritime trainer and assessor, Stood first in the final examination.
• Member of the panel of External Examiners for Masters and Mates and assessor and Moderator for All India GP rating Exit Examination.
• Member of the Nautical Institute (NI), London, Member of Company of Master Mariners of India (CMMI), and Member of the Indian Meteorological Society, Mumbai Chapter (IMSM).
• Awarded “Rashtriya Gaurav Award” by IIFS on 9th April 2010 in New Delhi for his meritorious service, outstanding performance and remarkable role played at the time of maritime crisis.
• Actively participated / presented papers in several seminars and forums like
? India Shipping Summit organized by Sea trade and Trade winds.
? Manning and Training conferences arranged by Lloyd’s list
? Various seminars on Loss Prevention, Accident Prevention, STCW revisions etc organized by Nautical Institute, P nI Clubs, Globalmet and several other bodies.
? Joint Indo-Norwegian Maritime Seminar on Seafarers’ recruitment, training, certification and development, organized by Govt. of India.
? Combating Piracy and criminalization of seafarers by Oil Asia
Professional Experience Ashore
Nov 2009 onwards
• Have set up Brukaan Ship and Offshore Pvt Ltd, an organization dealing with third party crew management, Quality management including system implementation and customized training.
• Involved in business development and fully responsible for customer relations and business sustainment.
2006 to Oct 2009
• As General Manager and head of India operations of a leading Singapore based Ship Management Company, was representing and protecting company’s overall interest from India.
• Maintaining complete functional control and operation of India office and overseeing the process of recruitment, budget control, training, performance optimization, P n I cases and system implementation for a fleet of oil/chem tankers, bulk carriers and PCTCs.
• Ensuring strict compliance of recruitment policies in order to achieve planned and structured recruitment of “right person for right ship” in a cost effective manner and briefing and debriefing of senior officers and planning the career growth of junior officers.
• Setting up the company base in India and receiving the award of “Emerging Ship Manager of the Year” from Sailor Today within a span of one year for its phenomenal business growth.
• Representing company’s interest in various national and international forums.
• Carrying out pre-purchase inspections on behalf of the owners and
• Preparing for the TMSA audits of the Mumbai office procedures in close consultation with the head office.
2005 to 2006:
• Implementing Group Safety Management system, Environmental Protection Policies and compliance of MARPOL for the oil/chemical tanker fleet of a Hong Kong based Ship management Company.
• Carrying out Risk Assessments/ Root cause analysis for various onboard operations involving the oil and chemical tankers.
• Carrying out internal audits and co-ordinating with oil majors for smooth vetting inspection of oil, chemical tanker fleet.
• As the alternate CSO of the fleet, implementing and monitoring ISPS requirements.
• Carrying out on board audits on Navigation, Port state control, shipboard security management and Safety & Environmental protection management.
• Involved in developing / conducting training programs on
Loss prevention, Environmental Protection, Safety management system, Ballast Water Management, Commercial and legal knowledge, Advanced and basic courses on Liquefied Gas Tanker Operations, Liquid Cargo Handling Simulator (LPG), ISPS/Ship Security Officer (SSO) and Port State Control course at a premier Maritime College in Navi Mumbai.
• ?Spearheaded the implementation of ISO 9001:2000 in the Organization.
Professional Experience at Sea
• Sailed as Master with Anglo-eastern Ship management, Hong Kong.
• Prepared vessel for various Port and Flag State inspections and successfully passed USCG, Paris MoU and Asia Pacific MoU Port State Control inspections with zero deficiency.
• Have nil detention and deficiency history during all Port State Control inspections in the entire sea career.
• Played a key role in the on board implementation of Quality Assurance and Loss prevention system.
• Sailed as Chief Officer with Anglo-Eastern Ship Management, Hong Kong in LPG tankers, Cape Size and Panamax bulk carriers.
• Facilitated Internal and External ISM Audits on board the ships for the implementation of Safety Management System (SMS).
• Dry-docked LPG tankers and bulk carriers in various dry-dock like Lisnave, Falmouth dry-dock and Hong Kong floating dry-dock.
• Sailed as Second Officer with Anglo-Eastern Ship Management, Hong Kong and Great Eastern Shipping Company, Mumbai in LPG tankers ,bulk carrier and product tanker
1986 - 1988
• Pre-sea training at India’s premier maritime training institute “T.S.Rajendra”
• ?Promoted to Senior Cadet Captain.
• Completed training with Extra First Class Distinction.
• ?Awarded Sir Digby Beste Silver Medal for best all-round Proficiency.
• Stood first in Henry Coomerman competition.