I believe I can apply myself to any circumstance and situation and I am confident that I will perform to the highest standard within any marine organisation.
I have an ambition and hunger for being part of a specialist team in an exciting and continually developing environment.
GL NOBLE DENTON (Dubai) 2012 - Present • Senior Marine Surveyor
Within my role as a Marine Surveyor I carry out all types of Marine surveys on all types of marine equipment on behalf of worldwide clients, these surveys include various ship types Ferries, vehicle carriers, tankers and offshore supply vessels and Jack up and Semi-Sub Rigs.
I also carry out the following:
• Vessel condition Inspections
• Vessel suitability surveys for towing operations or rig moving operations
• CMID Inspections and other Client specific surveys
• Inspection and approval of offshore structures.
• Towage arrangements and seafastening inspections including Towage CoA
• Sailway CoA
• Location Approvals
• Load outs of Rigs from HLV's
• Project Manager on various General Marine Consultancy and MWS projects • Jack up / Semi Sub Rig mover within the Persian Gulf and India
Most recently, (September 2012) I was MWS onboard the largest Oil Rig To have passed through the Bosporus into the Black Sea.
PEEL PORTS (MEDWAY) 2005 – 2012
• Authorised Medway / Thames Estuary Pilot (Class 1)
• VTS Duty Officer / Supervisor
I joined Peel Ports (Medway) in 2005 as a Trainee Pilot / VTS Duty Officer. I obtained the Vessel Traffic Service (VTS) recognised Certificate of Competency V103 start of 2006.
I commenced my pilotage training middle of 2007 and became authorised end of 2007 for vessels up to 120m (class 4 pilot).Throughout my employment with Peel Ports my professional training and development within pilotage continued with yearly courses and exams. When I left my employment with Peel Ports I was a Class 1 pilot which enabled me to pilot any vessel of any size within the Thames Estuary and Medway River. I would regularly pilot vessels of 300 m + and drafts of over 12.5 m
On a daily basis I would pilot various types of vessels ranging from small coasters, gear bulks, tankers, large container ships, LNG Q max tankers and various types of tugs and tows, in all weather conditions.
Every job I undertook as a Pilot I strived for excellence. I always searched for ways to improve and develop the service I provided to our Shipping customers.
As a pilot I would carry out Pilotage Exemption Training / exams for ships captains and also undertake investigations when accidents / incidents occurred.
P&O FERRIES 2001 – 2005
• 2nd Officer
• Chief Officer / Relief Master
Worked on various vessels with-in the P&O Ferries (Dover) group on the Dover –
Calais Route. My Main responsibilities included cargo work and stability of the vessel, ship maintenance programme, crew matters, navigating across one of the busiest shipping Channels in the world, and ship handling (berthing/unberthing every 90 mins).
MAERSK CONTAINERS 1999 – 2001
• 3rd Officer
• Navigating Officer
Cargo work and Navigational duties worldwide
ROYAL FLEET AUXILIARY SERVICE 1995 – 1999 • Cadetship
• 3rd Officer
Worked on a variety of vessels including stores vessels, tankers, and amphibious
vessels, giving support on many military operations globally.
• Warsash Maritime Collage
2001- 2002: Higher National Diploma in Nautical Science Merit Level 1995-1998: National Diploma in Nautical Science Merit Level
• St Anselm’s Catholic Comprehensive School 1990 – 1995: 9 GCSE C and above
KEY SKILLS / SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• Master Mariner (Class 1 Certificate of Competency Unlimited)
• Authorised Medway & Thames Estuary Pilot (Class 1)
• Marine Surveyor
• Jack up & Semi-Sub Rig Mover
• Project Manager on various MWS projects
• V103 MCA Vessel Traffic Service Certificate of Competency
Experianced Ship handler
Hands on Rig mover
Meeting with Clients
My wife and I have been married for 7 years and have a daughter together. We are both ambitious and outgoing, and enjoy travelling and spending family time together. We moved to Dubai at the end of February 2012 so that I could become a Marine Surveyor within GL Noble Denton.