My objective is to take up a suitable job ashore in the Marine Department of a recognized company involved in shipping.
- A 42 year old Master Mariner of Indian Origin, with command experience from 1997 onwards
- Vast experience on oil tankers in ascending ranks (Product/Crude incl. VLCC) from 1986 onwards with 13 years in an Oil Major company
- Presently on a rotating schedule as Master on a 269,999 dwt VLCC in an Oil Tanker company
- Sound knowledge of ship management / vetting inspections / audits / port state inspections / dry dockings / surveys
- Excellent reports from superintendents and an unblemished record in all ranks
- Received “Safety and Environmental Excellence” award in 2001 in recognition of significant contribution to company’s Safety and Environmental program
- Superior skills in computers (software and hardware)
- Good knowledge of Health, Safety and Environment protection procedures, performance appraisals / crew training, risk assessment, Safety training procedures, incident investigation and preparation of official reports including Budget planning/forecasting/monitoring.
- Excellent command over the English language combined with good analytical Skills
HSC (Grade XII) examinations with distinction, with an average of 89 % in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Certificate of Competency as Master (FG)
Certificate (Endorsement) for Service of Tankers
Indian Continuous Discharge Certificate
Valid licenses for Cyprus, Bahamas, Singapore and Marshall Islands.
Following courses attended:
1. Proficiency in Survival Craft
2. Advanced Firefighting
3. Tanker Safety
4. Chemical Tanker Safety
5. Ship Masters' Medicare
7. Liquid Cargo Handling Simulator
8. Tanker Upgradation
9. Refresher & Updating Training Master F. G
11. Bridge Team Management Simulator
12. Ship Man Simulator and Bridge Teamwork
14. Radar Sim / Arpa
15. Manned Model Ship Handling Course
16. ISM code (Internal Auditor)
17. Ship Handling (VLCC) Simulator
18. Ship To Ship Transfer operations Simulator
19. Safety Management System Seminar
20. Safety & Environment Management System Seminar
I have the following skills which I will place at your disposal:
- I possess superior skills in computers (software and hardware). These skills have helped me in solving numerous computer problems on board ships, which would have otherwise needed the expensive services of shore technicians. I have attended a certificate course in Computer hardware and I assemble / repair / upgrade computers during my spare time. I have my own laptop, which I carry with me when I am sailing.
- I believe in loyalty as is evident from my resume. I have served in only two companies after obtaining my 2nd Mate (FG) license, prior to joining WTM. I believed that IMT Ltd was the appropriate company to build a career with and hence chose to join them in 1988. I joined my present company in 2001 with similar aspirations.
- I have good analytical skills combined with an excellent command over the English language, which allows me to produce official documents and reports with ease. In Apr 04, I passed the Videotel Shipboard Security Course (U.K) and received the following notation from the assessor about my portfolio – “a very well presented portfolio worthy of a commendation. Well done”. In addition, he stated that he would have awarded a higher grade, had it been allowed.
- I believe in teamwork and possess the ability to work amicably with multi-cultural team members, thus maximizing output with minimum friction.
- I use initiative and adapt rapidly and proactively to changing circumstances.
- I strongly believe that I will contribute positively as part of any team, as I possess the right balance of age, experience, temperament and knowledge needed for the job.
- Willing to relocate.
- Scheduled to join vessel in 3rd week of Mar 06.