Health safety vetting and operations
June 1993 – September 1998 - Neptune Orient lines(Tankers and Containers)- Sea Service.
September 1998 – April 2012 - Tanker Pacific Management, Singapore – (Tankers)Sea Service
June 2012 – Present - Eastern Pacific Shipping Pte. Ltd (Tanker Pacific Management,
. Singapore) – HSE & V - Superintendent.
- Master Mariner
ISM Internal Auditor Course, ABS Singapore
- Practical Pilot Attachment & Ship-handling Simulation Conducted by PSA(Singapore)
- Chemical Tanker Course from ARI Delhi.
-ISM / ISPS & Office Internal audits
-External Inspections - Preparation of vessels for SIRE / CDI / Vetting and Terminal inspections.
- Training and drills with real time situations on board
-New Takeovers & Deliveries on various types of ships (Chemical, Container and Car Carriers) for Eastern Pacific Shipping (Flag, Class change etc).
-Company & Statutory Manuals preparation and review of company SMS Manuals with submission of SOPEP, SEEMP, SSP and VOC Plans for new takeovers.
- Sailing Tanker Experience 2.5 yrs as Master on Tankers
Present Job Description
- Planning, organizing and carrying out the internal audits of the shore based and shipboard operations under the SMS and keeping records of the same
- Continuous monitoring and especially remote monitoring for the evaluation and review of the effectiveness of the safety management system
- Reporting and analysis of non-conformities, accidents and hazardous occurrences
- Appropriate revisions to the SMS when require
-Ensuring that adequate resources and shore-based support is provided to achieve all of above.
- Investigating, Analysis and taking corrective / preventive action for reported non–conformities, accidents and hazardous occurrences.
-Programming, organizing and controlling management review meeting and keeping records of the same.
- Assist ship staff in risk assessment and job safety hazard analysis
- Liaison with Masters on routine issues of the SMS, including feedback on safety committee meetings and Master’s review of the SMS.
- To ensure monitoring of the safety management system via visits/inspections on board during calls or trips, following-up with shipboard recordings of safety drills reports, familiarization recordings, maintenance and periodic tests of all ship's equipment, safety and training meetings, orders for repairs or spare parts, Masters reviews and the internal audits, etc.
- Identifying training requirements with respect to shore based personnel involved with the SMS.
- Review of new regulations.
- Attended vessels in Port for inspection and audits
-Ensuring adherence to the Quality Systems, norms & specifications. Monitoring compliance to the Safety Culture & Environment Protection regulations.