- Shipboard Officer / Personnel / Crew
Ship’s Captain (Fully Endorsed – Merchant Navy):
Over 20 years of experience in commanding large container carriers and Ro-Ro ships to transport various cargo world-wide, handling the vessels of different maneuvering characteristics including the biggest 19800TEU. Able to command and maintain control over ships operating in severe conditions, co-coordinate and supervise a multi-skilled, multinational workforce in various tasks.
Education and Trainings:
- Master of Science, Engineer Sea Navigator, Maritime Academy, Gdynia, Poland, Navigational and Sea Transport Department., graduated 1989.
- Manned Model Ship handling course for large ships and ships with unusual maneuvering characteristics 2004, Ship Handling Research and Training Centre, Ilawa, Poland.
- Cargo Loss Prevention Course -2008, MSG Marine Serve Hamburg, Germany.
- HELM, Crisis Management and Human Behavior at the Management Level 2016 - WrightWay Norfolk, UK
- Safe Handling of Ships in Suez Canal -2017, Ismailia, Egypt
- Various maritime courses required by the STCW convention for Master of container vessel,
Employment and Career:
- March 2015 till present – Master Mariner on 1 Large (6921TEU), 2 Very Large (13470 TEU) and 9 Ultra Large (19870 TEU) Container Carriers on container vessels (up to 19870 TEU / 195636 GT) owned and managed by United Arab Shipping Company – Dubai.
- February 2008 till January 2015 – Master Mariner on 1 Very Large (9326TEU), 12 Large (up to 8804TEU), managed by Southern Shipmanagement Valparaiso owned by CSAV – Valparaiso.
- November 2005 till December 2007 – Fleet Safety and Training Officer (Trainer Captain) in Fleet managed by Midocean Isle of Man Ltd. – Douglas, owned by Delmas - Paris (part of Bollore Group later CMA-CGM Group).
- December 1998 till November 2005 – firstly Chief Officer (till November 1999), then as Master on container, Ro-Ro and Con-Ro vessels (up to 2200TEU /33000GT) owned by Delmas - Paris in management of Midocean Isle of Man Ltd.
- September 1996 till July 1998 – Chief Officer on Ro-Ro vessels (10171GT), owned and managed by Goliat Shipping – Oslo.
- January 1990 till September 1996 – Watch Officer and Chief Officer in various shipping companies on container, Ro-Ro, Con-Ro, General Cargo and Bulk Cargo vessels.
Experience and Responsibilities:
- Handling vessels of different size and maneuvering capabilities; Handling large container vessels including Twin Isle vessels including the largest 19870TEU container carriers.
- Taking part in 3 newbuildings and delivery of new vessels
- Preparing specs and taking part in 4 dry-dock surveys and repairs
- Leadership of maintenance and repairs of the vessel. Taking care of general administration activities such as housekeeping, departmental safety meetings, risk assessments, plan maintenance system etc.
- Management, supervision and administration of multinational crew, vessel, also in crisis and emergency situations.
- Training marine personnel including identifying training needs, developing training programs and evaluating training effectiveness.
- As Fleet Safety and Training Officer taking part in active increase of safety culture on board, training of fleet personnel in safety and security, preparing fleet vessels for ISM audits, flag and port state inspections, reporting safety condition of crew and vessels to Managers.
- Selecting and interviewing new crew.
- Handling, carriage and care of various goods (including: hazardous, reefer, perishable, containerized, unitized, rolling, large sized, valuable, etc) in worldwide trade.
- Self-preparing and following loading plans of the ship, also co-operation with pre-planners.
- Close interaction and co-operation with ship’s managers, agents, surveyors, inspectors, suppliers, servicemen, engaged in sea transport worldwide.
- Introduction and work within systems of safety and quality assurance: ISM, ISO 9002, ISPS, MLC, CDI.
- Maintaining ship’s reporting and correspondence.
- Coordinating supplies and logistics.
- Knowledge of overall planning, restructuring operations to maximize efficiency, safety, and productivity, thereby ensuring total customer satisfaction with respect to timely turnaround of vessels calling at our port.
- Use of PC computer (MS Office, ship’s loading programs, ship’s planned maintenance programs).
- 53 years old.
- Married, 2 children.
- Good health.
- Foreign languages: English, Russian.
- Hobby: jogging, SCBA diving
- Master on Container Vessels 15 years by 2020
- Master on Ocean RoRo and ConRo Vessels 5 years by 2007
Master at UASC
2015 March - Mar 2020Master on 1 Large (6921TEU), 2 Very Large (13470 TEU) and 9 Ultra Large (19870 TEU) Container Carriers
Master at Southern Shipmanagement, Valparaiso
2008 February - Jan 2015Master on 1 Very Large (9326TEU), 12 Large (up to 8804TEU) Container Carriers of CSAV
Fleet Safety and Training Officer (Trainer Captain) at Midocean Isle of Man Ltd
2005 November - Dec 2007Taking part in active increase of safety culture on board, training of fleet personnel in safety and security, preparing fleet vessels for ISM audits, flag and port state inspections, reporting safety condition of crew and vessels to Managers - DELMAS
Master at Midocean Isle of Man Ltd
1999 December - Oct 2005Master on 6 geared container vessels (up to 2200 TEU) and 10 Large Ocean Ro-Ro Vessels of 32951GT of Delmas Le Havre
M. Sc. Eng
Navigation, Sea Transport at Maritime Academy, Gdynia1984 - 1989
- M. Sc. Eng
- US Visa C1/D Sep 2029
- Medical Care Sep 2024
- Proficiency in Survival Craft & Rescue Boats Feb 2024
- Advanced Fire Fighting Feb 2024
- Basic Safety Training in Personal Survival Techniques Feb 2024
- Basic Safety Training in Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting Feb 2024
- Master Mariner on ship's 3000 GT an more - Polish Jun 2021
- Master Mariner - Liberia Jun 2021
- Master Mariner - MI Jun 2021
- Master Mariner - Malta Jun 2021
- GMDSS GOC Jun 2021
- Hazardous Cargo Carriage on Vessels
- Basic Safety Training in Elementary First Aid
- Training in Medical First Aid
- Basic Safety Training in Personal Safety & Social Responsibility
- Ship Security Officer
- Proficiency in Security Awareness
- Proficiency for Seafarers with designated Security Duties
- Handling of Large Ships and Ships with Unusual Manoeuvering Character
- Bridge Resource Management
- Bridge Teamwork
- ECDIS 1.27
- Human Element Leadership and Management at the Management Level
- Crisis Management and Human Behaviour
- Safe Handling of Ships in Suez Canal
- Energy Efficiency
- Management of Rest Hours