To put my experience to work for an international shipping line, or Port.
Ernst & Young, LLP Washington, DC
Travel Security Manager October 2005-Present
• Analyze international incidents and make travel recommendations to business travelers
• Organize and supervise security details at domestic and international meetings and events
• Coordinate physical security countermeasures at Ernst & Young offices and properties
• Oversee and supervise medical and security program for approximately 20,000 worldwide employees
• Conduct on-site security reviews in foreign nations, prior to the deployment of employee audit teams
• Prepare reports and presentations for senior leadership recommending security best practices in areas where business is conducted
Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office Leesburg, VA
Field Training Officer July 2002-October 2005
• Responsible for the supervision and field training of recently graduated law enforcement officers.
• Conducted patrol operations within assigned sector.
• Recommended procedures of crime prevention and deterrence to businesses and residents.
• Conduct criminal investigations, resulting in several criminal convictions and recovery of property and assets.
• Lead and coordinate training presentations for supervisory and patrol staff on topics ranging from personnel safety and terrorism, to financial and identification fraud.
• Originate and maintain detailed and complex criminal case files.
• Testify in criminal court proceedings
• Respond to, and train in tactical response.
Fairfax County Sheriff’s Office Fairfax, VA
Deputy Sheriff, Adult Detention Center (ADC) November 2000-May 2002
• Supervise and maintain security of up to one hundred inmates on a security post.
• Respond to crisis situations, to include fights, fires, and medical emergencies.
• Trained and certified to operate the Fairfax County (ADC) operations control center, controlling access of all entry/exit port and emergency operations.
• Conduct adult intake process in ADC receiving section.
Department of State Washington, DC
Uniform Security Officer January 1999-February 2002
• Passed all certifications and requirement necessary for providing armed security to Department of State properties and personnel. Selected to be member of the Special Operations Unit, providing security for State Department special events and traveling with the Secretary of State.
• Regularly assisted the Department of State’s Bureau of Diplomatic Security in protection of foreign dignitaries and VIPs.
• Trained and led teams in counter surveillance operations.
United States Marine Corps
Sergeant June 1993-April 1998
Embassy Duty Frankfurt, FRG & Minsk, Belarus
React Non-Commissioned Officer July 1995-April 1998
• Volunteered and passed all qualifications and certifications necessary to be assigned to the prestigious duty of providing security for United States Embassies and American Personnel abroad.
• Performed assigned duties as REACT Non Commissioned Officer, Training NCO, and Safety NCO.
• Selected to be a member of the first Marine detachment at the U.S. Embassy, Minsk, Belarus.
• Conducted and led training/table-top exercises, compiled data, analyzed information and made recommendations for improvements to the Regional Security Officer. Created new plans of action for a host of situations ranging from bomb threats to incidents of unauthorized access.
• Selected to augment Diplomatic Security Service’s protection details during the visit of Secretary of State Albright to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, December 1997.
United States Marine Corps 29 Palms, CA & Okinawa, Japan
Infantry Rifleman Dec -1993-July 1995
• Act as a member and team player in cohesive military units
• React quickly and efficiently in stressful situations.
• Assigned duty of armory manager, responsible for security and accountability of over three million dollars worth of weapons systems and communications equipment.
Master of Science in Security Management with a concentration in Organizational Leadership, Denver University, Denver, C.O. May 2009.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Criminal Justice with a concentration in International Justice, American Military University,
Charles Town, W.V. 2005.
Associate of Arts in Administration of Justice, Northern Virginia Community College, Annandale, Virginia 2004.
Windows 2000, Windows XP Professional, Excel, First Aid & CPR, ability to communicate in Spanish, Russian, and German
Additional Education and Training:
• Virginia Certified Field Training Officer
• Kinesic Interviewing Course
• Interviewing Sexual Deviants Course
• Sergeant’s Non-Resident Program
• United Nations Course on Global Terrorism
• United Nations Course in Peacekeeping and International Conflict Resolution.
• Department of Defense, Defense Security Service, Facility Security Officer Course.
• Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office, Patrol Deputy of the Month, September 2004
• Certificate of Appreciation, USMC, 1998
• Meritorious Mast, USMC, 1996 & 1997
• Certificate of Commendation, USMC, 1994 & 1997
• Over ten years of professional law enforcement, government and private security experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
• Excellent communications skills in conducting training, presentations, and in crisis situations.
• Conducted investigations of reported misdemeanors and felonies.
• Proven ability to take a command leadership role during crisis situations.
• Ability to quickly assess complex situations and execute a plan in an efficient, safe and effective manner.