1. To assist in the organizing and managing of a suitably challenging department, whilst keeping a creative but business like mind at all times.
2. To learn from and teach my team into achieving set goals and in doing so, give and earn respect as a leader or subordinate.
3. To implement new and more cost efficient concepts or systems whilst maintaining the highest possible standards. In doing so it is my intention to reflect the overall mission of the organization of which I will be a part.
4. To utilize and expand my knowledge of project management, and to provide support and increase organizational productivity with new and existing policies.
April 2008 – Presented paper – Environmental Protection Policy – a Caribbean Synopsis
International Conference “Empowering Women in the Maritime Industry”, Malmo, Sweden.
(2000 to May 2008) Ministry of Tourism
Senior Tourism Officer: Duties include:
? Preparation of Work Plans for the development of Tourism Sectors and successful execution of activities.
? Preparation of periodic reports for disbursement of funds as well as systematic reports.
? Preparation of Terms of Reference for consultants for the National Tourism Policy Consultations as well as for Capacity Studies within sub-sectors and for Japanese Oversees Volunteers assigned to the Government of St. Lucia.
? Directly responsible for the assistance of consultants for the National Tourism Policy to ensure that the objectives of the work programme were met.
? Developed and/or assisted in the successful National Training, Certification and Identification Programmes for various sectors, including modular writing and delivery of lectures.
? Member of Steering Committee for CIDA FUNDED Industry Integrated Skills Training and Education Programme (INSTEP) – a programme which training approximately 1200 industry practitioners.
? Organize workshops and seminars as well as coordinate and implement consultations and focus group meeting.
? Providing and supporting technical and business related services to ensure business success of tourism enterprises
? Delivered desirable levels of service and achieve requisite levels of financial and operational viability of projects.
? Assessed over 100 tourism enterprise applications in terms of scope, diagnostic and feasibility levels of intervention and analysis for government incentives
? Successfully developed project proposals for funding from JICA, EU, CIDA, etc., and implemented Projects
? Represented the Ministry of Tourism to various national and regional organizations.
? Developed Standards for Tour Guides, Vendors, Boat Boys and Small Craft Operators etc.
? Co-ordinate and delivered training to taxi drivers, tour guides, police, customs.
? Coordinated the National Tourism Policy Forum.
? Developed and successfully implemented work programmes for the yachting sector.
? Implemented safety and licensing regimes for small commercial vessels.
? Developed safety training for local boat operators in collaboration with the Director of Maritime Affairs – Coxswains Certification
? Developed in collaboration with the Director Maritime Affairs maritime regulations amendments to the Merchant Shipping Act.
Saint Lucia (August 2000 – Nov 2000)
Returned to Employment within the Attorney General’s Chamber,
• Coordinated World Intellectual Property Conferences
• Head of Secretariat – WIPO Conferences
London, UK (March 2000 – July 2000)
Temp. Employee Hodge Consultants Ltd.
Various Personal Assistant Positions:
• PA to Managing Director – UPC/Ntl, UK
• PA to Managing Director – Prime Sight Ltd.
• PA to Strategy Manager – London Transport
• Marketing Executive – Hill & Knowlton
• Power Point Presenter – Hill & Knowlton
London, UK (Nov 1999 – March 2000)
Vénice Simplon-Orient Express – Temp. Food and Beverage Coordinator, duties:
• Implementation of Systems of Record Keeping for new office
• Office Manager
• Procurement and Invoicing
• Quality Standard Assessment
• Preparation of Accounts for Payment
• Preparation of weekly payroll
London, UK (Nov 1998 –Nov 1999)
Management Placement Vénice Simplon - Orient Express Filled the following trainee positions:
• Reservation Executive
• Ticketing Executive
• Marketing Executive
• Product Development Assistant
• PA to Sales and Marketing Director
• Research Assistant
• Operations Executive
Saint Lucia, West Indies (Sept 1989 – April 1996)
Hansard Reporter/Stenographer - Parliament of Saint Lucia
• Recording of Parliamentary Proceedings
• Preparation and vetting of minute
• Preparation and circulation of Hansard
• Organizing of Seminar and Parliamentary events
• Organizing of overseas visits
• Commonwealth Parliamentary Association Librarian
Saint Lucia, West Indies (Sept 1993-June 1995)
• Sir Arthur Lewis Community College – Lecturer – Introduction to Tourism, Customer Service
• Royal St. Lucia Police Academy – Lecturer – Service Quality, Total Quality Management
• National Research and Development Foundation – Lecturer – (ABE)Tourism & Hospitality Studies (Basic, Advance level)
• Castries Comprehensive School – Lecturer in Shorthand, Typing and Office Procedures to Mature Students
3 Dec 2001 & 11 Dec 2006 – Presiding Officer for General Elections
2006 – Juror of the High Court
Certificate – Project Management Institute (Southern Caribbean Chapter), October, 2008
Certificate – Export Development and Diversification, World Bank Institute, June, 2008
Certificate – Coastal Resource Management, Foundation for International Studies – Malta, 2006
MSc. Maritime Affairs – World Maritime University, Malmo, Sweden, 2005
Certificate – Project Management CIDA, St. Lucia, 2003
BA (Hons) Degree Tourism Management – London South Bank University, London 2000
Diploma – Sir Arthur Lewis Community College, St. Lucia, 1989.
MSc. Maritime Affairs
BA (Hons) Degree Tourism Management
Certificate – Project Management
Certificate – Export Development and Diversification
Certificate – Coastal Resource Management
Diploma - Secretarial Studies
Certificate – Project Management
Microsoft Office suite 2000 & 2003
Power Point Presentations
Typing 50 wmp
Shorthand 100 wpm
Consultant for UNEP - Community Sensitization on Tourism Biodiversity in St. Lucia. Prepared and presented project proposal to the Japanese Overseas Volunteer Programme assistance for the vending sub sector. Prepared tour guides policy. Member of Monitoring and Evaluation Steering Committee on CIDA funded Tourism Project for St. Lucia. Successfully coordinated tour guides consultation and mobilization for the establishment of a tour guides guild. Curriculum Development for Tourism Taxi, Vendors and Tour Guides. Developed specific training modules for Taxi Sub Sector, and Vendors and Tour Guides. Coordinated visitor safety training for Customs, Police, and Immigration Officers. Coordinated tourism policy forum. Caribbean Hotel Association Trainer of Trainer – Introduction to Hospitality. Coordinated UN/ECLAC yachting consultation geared towards a national yachting study and successfully implemented recommendation nationally. Developed and implemented the Strategic Assistance Programme for vendors. Coordinated in collaboration with St. Lucia Hotel and Tourism Association a partnership with the University of Central Florida and the Government of St. Lucia geared at security training and development. Designed and coordinated the on-going Coxswain Training Programme for Water Taxi Operators. Developed Standards for the Water based Sector which was adopted as National Standards. Developed and coordinated Boat Boy Training Programme. Represented St. Lucia at Sea Trade Conferences and Trade Shows.