Emergency Response Planning
Oil/Chemical/Nuclear Spill Response
Search and Rescue at sea (planning)
Since August 2008 : NAVY OFFICER (Commissioned Lieutenant Commander)
North Sea and English Channel Region
• In charge of all emergency response planning for maritime emergency operations, including Search and Rescue activities, spill responses (Nuclear, Chemical and Oil pollutions) and Salvage operations in the North Sea and English Channel maritime zones
• Implementation of a new Incident Command System (ICS) within the MRCC (Maritime Rescue Coordination Centers) of the English Channel and North Sea maritime zones
• Development of major exercises (Oil Spill response and Search and Rescue operations)
• Responsible for Search and Rescue (SaR) operations coordination in the Search and Rescue Region (SRR) of the English Channel and North Sea within the prefecture maritime (eq. to maritime agencies)
October 2006 to August 2008 CONSULTANT IN EMERGENCY RESPONSE PLANNING
• Author of the emergency response plan for Goro Nickel industrial site (VALE - INCO)
• In charge of implementing an oil spill contingency plan for the industrial port of Prony.
• In charge of all maritime risk assessment within Prony Bay (Southern tip of New Caledonia) in the event of an marine oil spill
• Formation provided to emergency response teams
Since July 2002 to 2008 FRENCH NAVY RESERVE OFFICER
Commissioned by the French Navy as specialist of oil spill response and Search & Rescue Planning.
• Author of the oil spill contingency plan for New Caledonia (2008 and 2005) and New Caledonia Search and Rescue plan (SaR plan 2005).
• Management of oil spill response in New Caledonia : response coordination and planning
• Responsible for purchasing relevant oil spill equipment for New Caledonia (2004, 2005)
• Organisation of the Search and Rescue and Oil Spill exercises in New Caledonia (from 2003 to 2006)
• Editing of leaflets and brochures on maritime security for public information (2003)
• Negotiation of a Memorandum of Understanding between the French Navy and Maritime New Zealand to promote mutual assistance and preparedness in oil spill management response (2005).
• Represented France as a contributor to PACPOL Conference in Auckland, New Zealand (2003)
February 2008 : French Institute of higher national defence studies - IHEDN : Energy and Defence
Sept 1993–Sept 1996 EDHEC Business School – Lille, France
Equivalent to a Masters degree in Economics and Management.
Majored in marketing and business communication
Oil Spill Management Course (CEDRE, Brest France)
Chemical Spill Response and Intervention (Level 1 and 2)Shoreline cleanup and training to oil spill technical gear
Oil Spill Response Management Course (Maritime New Zealand)
National Institute of Higher Defense Studies (France 2008)
Emergency Response Planning
Navy/mining/chemical indsutry experiences
Bilingual : English and French