To work as in-house counsel or procurement expert for a company in the maritime industry.
Robert Allen Law (June 2009 to Present)
Title: Senior Corporate Counsel
• Specialized in general corporate law, finance, private placements, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property and technology transactions, internet contracts and law, telecommunication law, equipment leasing, maritime/admiralty law, procurement transactions, and commercial litigation.
• Drafted maritime contracts and counseled salespeople and senior executives on maritime andn corporate law
• Supervised other attorneys and support staff.
Loretta Simon, P.A. (June 2007 to June 2009)
• Litigated mortgage foreclosures, collections, and consumer protection law/unfair trade practices cases (FDCPA, FCRA, TILA), condominium association law
• Negotiated, structured, and drafted mortgage modifications and restructurings
WordUse.Com (May 2004 to June 2007)
Title: General Counsel
• General Counsel for consulting company specializing in business, technical, and professional writing.
• Negotiated customer and web site contracts. Reviewed proposals. Prepared witnesses for expert deposition and trial testimony. Performed legal research.
Tripp Scott, P.A. (January 1998 to May 2004)
• Director from January 2002 to May 2004.
• Associate from January 1998 to December 2001.
• Head of Technology Practice.
• Specialized in finance (including collections, work-outs, and foreclosures), intellectual property law, technology contracting, software licensing and development, computer hardware and software procurement (including government contracting), internet contracts and law, telecommunication law, real estate, equipment leasing and financing, purchasing contracts.
• Responsible for regulatory compliance.
• Oversaw mergers and acquisitions.
• Negotiated contracts involving million of dollars and multiple parties.
• Supervised associates, including drafting evaluation, assessing work quality, and recommending salary increases.
Ryder System, Inc. (May 1993 to December 1997)
Title: Senior Counsel
• Represented Commercial Leasing and Services Division.
• Negotiated and drafted commercial vehicle leases, procurement agreements, finance agreements, and software licenses.
• Oversaw and managed outside legal counsel.
• Supported internal credit and collections function.
Fine Jacobson Schwartz Nash & Block, P.A. (May 1992 to April 1993)
Title: Commercial litigation associate
• Litigated cases involving commercial contracts.
University of Miami School of Law 1992
J.D., Summa Cum Laude
Member: University of Miami Law Review, Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity, Author, Horton v. California: Searching for a Good Cause, 46 University of Miami Law Review 455 (November 1991).
American Jurisprudence Book Awards: Business Associations, Domestic Relations and Criminal Procedure
Rice University 1987
B.A., Economics/Managerial Studies
Member: Phi Beta Kappa, Omicron Epsilon Delta (Economics Honor Society)
Member in Good Standing of Florida Bar (Fla. Bar. No. 958433)
Admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in the Souther District of Florida
Proficient in all Microsoft Software