Secure a career with opportunities for advancement that will provide a stable foundation
from which the pursuit of educational goals will be possible. A position that will allow for a
growth in experience over a long period of time is desirable. I would like to use the strengths
I have gained from my past experiences to do well in a new career field.
United States Navy Seabee Reserve - Deployed, Balad, Iraq
June 2009 – April 2010 (End of Military Contract)
2nd Class Petty Officer (E5) – Work Center Supervisor
- Directly in charge of maintaining a safe and productive work area for 9 personnel.
- Maintained all documents and regularly submitted reports for the shop.
- In control of over $120,000 of construction materials and tools.
- Planned and estimated construction projects scaling from small camp maintenance work
orders to the assembly of large buildings.
- Inventory and recording of large quantities of materials and tools.
- Customer relations with focus on quality assurance and customer satisfaction.
- Supervisory and Managerial skills
- Attention to detail
- Team building and problem solving
Superb Marine and Industrial Services, Mobile, AL
Feb 2008 – June 2009
- Repair, replace, or refurbish shipboard valves on commercial and military ships
- Controlled a team of 4 personnel in completion of tasks.
- Safety and quality assurance where the prime objective in job completion.
- Heavy emphasis on customer satisfaction.
- Tool inventory
- Marine familiarization (i.e. terminology, marine products, ship operations)
- Tool and Equipment knowledge
- Repair Services for any Valve Brand
- Total valve inspection, machining, welding, repair, repacking, testing, and documentation
- Complete repair, testing of gate, globe, check, plug, ball, and butterfly valves.
United States Navy Seabees, Gulfport, MS
Jan 2006 – Jan 2008
Builder Constructionman (E3) – Laborer
- Maintain military bearing
- Completion of 2 major construction projects
- Personnel accountability
- Risk Management
- Timely completion of all tasks
- Time Management
- Strict military appearance standards
- Team work skills
- Leadership development
- Self motivated production
Faulkner State Community College
May 2010 – Present
- Pending Associates degree in Civil Engineering
United States Navy Basic Training
Jan 2006 – March 2006
- Instruction in basic military knowledge and procedures
United States Navy Builder’s “A” School
May 2006 – Aug 2006
- Squad Leader
- Graduated Top of Class
- Instruction in construction fundamentals (i.e. Concrete, Framing, Roofing,
Planning and Estimation)
Baldwin County High School, Bay Minette, AL
1999 – 2003
- High School Diploma
- Advanced Diploma accredited
- Swim Team
- French Club
Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, Hytorq, 12k forklift, All power and hand tools.