- Finance / Legal / Risk Management
To obtain a position with a strong company and use my MBA from SUNY Maritime College to position myself as best as possible for success.
I am a focused individual with excellent communication skills who reacts well to pressure situations. I have learned discipline, confidence and team-building through the structure of DB Schenker, SUNY Maritime College, Samuel Shapiro, and Interglobo.
State University of New York SUNY Maritime College Bronx, NY
Bachelor of Science, International Trade and Transportation (GPA 3.45) May 2013
Master of Science (MBA)
International Transportation Management (GPA 3.60) December 2014
SUNY Maritime Summer Sea Term 2010
- Gained an understanding of marine transportation by spending 45 days on a ship traveling intercontinentally.
- Operated cargo cranes on board, responsible for maintaining cleanliness of deck and developed a strong work ethic and team mentality. (TWIC certified)
Marine Insurance Underwriter DB Schenker (July 2014 – Present)
- Manage cargo insurance underwriting requests from the field operations for marine cargo insurance.
- Provide guidance and advice to field operations with respect to marine insurance procedures.
- Insurance Sales and procurement of new business.
- Manage automated cargo insurance system within operational traffic software.
- Manage various relationships with external insurance markets.
- Invoice and reconcile accounts payable for insurance products accordingly.
- Reconcile accounts payable/receivable and assist in collections.
- Various other Risk Management activities as assigned.
Import Coordinator at Interglobo (August 2013- July 2014)
- Organize and catalog clientele information.
- Supervisor of ISF entry’s and timely documentation.
- Communicate with customers to acquire vital information.
- Coordinate intermodal movements and preform network analyses for best routing.
- Field phone calls from perspective customers.
Intern at Samuel Shapiro (Freight Forwarder) (May 2013- August 2013)
- Tracked and traced cargo for logistical purposes.
- Created, maintained and updated security forms for customs.
- Communicated with customers to acquire vital information.
Sea Cliff, New York,