Experienced marine terminal manager with pilotage experience. Worked in west Africa for the last 10 years now looking to advance my career with the right employer. Self motivated and excellent man manager.
1990 -1995 Cadetship with BP Shipping
1995 - 1996 3rd Mate with BP Shipping
1996 - 1997 Attended College for Class 2
1997 - 2000 2nd Mate with BP Shipping
2000 - 2001 Chief Mate with BP Shipping
2001 - 2003 Berthing Master for Conoco at Tetney Mono-buoy
2003 – 2004 Chief Mate with BP Shipping
2004 – 2007 Pilot/Operations Manager – SBM and FPSO with Lamnalco Nigeria Ltd.
2007 – 2007 Mooring Master with ExxonMobil (MEGI)
2007 – 2008 Senior Pilot/Mooring Master FPSO Greater Plutonio (BP Angola) Block 18
2009 – 2011 Marine Terminal Manager – BP Angola
2010 – Marine Terminal Manger/Marine Operations Team Leader – BP Angola
Llandovery College - Wales (Secondary School)
South Tyneside College (Cadetship and Class 2/1)
Master Mariner Unlimited (UK MCA)
Helicopter Underwater Emergency Escape Course, Tandem Mooring & SBM Simulator (MSR Rotterdam), Paramedics Course, Oil Spill Response at OSRL in Southampton, Leadership, IMO Level 2 (OSC) Oil Pollution Course, ISPS (Ship/Port Security Officer), Dunlop Oil and Marine Hose Construction, maintenance, research and development seminar (Grimsby), Behavioural Safety, STOP, Risk Assessment, Root Cause Analysis, COW and IG Course, CPSC Refresher, Advanced Fire Fighting.
• Qualified Master Mariner with experience of vessel types including ULCC, VLCC, Shuttle Tankers, Suexmax, Aframax, Product Carriers (limited experience), Shuttle Tankers, LNG (Moss Rosenberg), Supply Boats, Anchor Handling, Ro-Ro Ferry, Dredger, Container/General Cargo.
• Marine Terminal Management including maintenance and operation
• Marine Operations Manager for 2 deepwater exploration blocks
• Contract Management including contract tender, evaluation and award
• Tanker scheduling in line with production forecasts, including demurrage management.
• Project Management
• Good leadership skills and a team player able to work on own initiative.
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to relate well at all levels of an organisation.
• Commercially aware and with good skills in financial planning and budget forecasting
• Experienced with MS Office, Maximo, SAP, E-Invoicing, Energy Components.
• Development and maintenance of terminal export operating procedures and associated documentation
• Ensuring compliance with Industry Best Practice, Local, National and International Legislation and BP Group standards.
• Management of Crude Oil Lifting Agreement between the Terminal (FPSO) and Lifting Partners including cargo documentation, demurrage and vessel assessments.
• Management of Integrated Marine Service contract and budgets of approximate 40 million USD per annum including long range forecasts identifying risks and opportunities to the budgets
• Represent Business Unit at national, international and Industry level with respect to terminal and export activities.
• Standardisation of Documentation and Operating procedures for Angola BU and pass lateral learning’s into Block 31 concerning Terminal and export operations.
• Emergency response
• Incident investigation