An energetic young marine engineer, whereby my main goal was to work for a reputed / multi National firm, where I can take responsibilities and challenges and explore / realize my potentiality With the guidance of a well-established firm as yours, and I would like to perform any job related to marine survey & other marine engineering.
Bureau Veritas Dubai - Feb-08-till date
As Senior ITD Inspector / Surveyor
• Review of inspection appointment and confirmation.
• Draft survey for all cereals, liquid & Bulk minerals –entire ports of UAE & Qatar- QAFCO.
• Carry out pre-shipment inspection of Quantity & Quality survey, container Survey, Full Container loading Survey, Vessel loading & discharge survey and Cargo Damage assessment.
• Bunker Survey (On Hire & Off Hire), Draft Survey and Condition of Vessel Survey (On hire & off hire), Hatch sealing at any time (24x7) attended individually more than 20 vessels.
• Hold inspection & condition survey prior to loading.
• Cargo handled – Cement, Clinker, aggregate, furnace slag, Urea (Qafco - Qatar), and silica sand.
• Sampling of liquid & bagged dry cargo.
• Food products – bulk wheat, barley (Al Ghurair) loading supervision and quantity assessment by draft survey.
• Fruit & Vegetable quality & condition (Damage assessment using ABC Military Standard Sampling & as per Bureau Veritas standards & procedures), checking measurements using appropriate scale while receiving (Carrefour & Grand Castle)
• General cargo loading and discharge supervision cargo handled LPE Coated Pipe (Dodsal, U&A, Interpipe & Sumitomo), steel plate, Machineries (Petrofac), Generators & Gas Turbines (Kharafi National) and bars.
• Inspection of different types of vehicles (Nissan) and also fire fighting vehicles (Naffco).
• Inspecting the vehicles as per the Bureau Veritas standard procedures and as per the client request.
• Visual testing of the vehicle specific requirements like functioning of lights on the fire fighting vehicle and checking specification and requirements as per the drawings given by the client.
• Inspections of Alfalfa Grass (Al Dhara) & Oaten Hay (GIEX), Fescue Hay grass (Agility), testing witness, visual condition and Damage reports.
• Conducting preservations of the auxiliary modules of the gas turbines (Kharafi National).
• Preparing inspection reports & certificates.
• Maintaining internal and external communication.
• Attending meetings in relation to the above inspections & coordinating with the clients and fulfill their requirements with 100% job satisfaction.
• Complete inspection reports and submit them in a timely manner as directed by ITD Manager.
• Reporting immediately directly to line manager in case of any deviation from the scope of work assigned.
• Analysis witness in third party laboratory.
• Keeping updated with bureau veritas procedures, national and international regulations and publications related to ITD inspections.
• Attend training for HSE; Preservation of auxiliary modules of the gas turbines, Fruit inspection and ITD related jobs, IFIA Training– Certified inspector to conduct petroleum inspection.
• To prepare reports supported with photos when carrying out damage survey and investigate the cause of damage.
S.B.Teknik (Ship repair workshop)Chennai, India - Jul-06-Dec-07
• Prepare, or direct the preparation of, product or system layouts and detailed drawings and schematics.
• Inspect marine equipment and machinery in order to draw up work requests and job specifications.
• Conduct analytical, environmental, operational, or performance studies in order to develop designs for products, such as marine engines, equipment, and structures.
• Design and oversee testing, installation, and repair of marine apparatus and equipment.
• Prepare plans, estimates, design and construction schedules, and contract specifications, including any special provisions.
• Investigate and observe tests on machinery and equipment for compliance with standards.
• Coordinate activities with regulatory bodies in order to ensure repairs and alterations are at minimum cost, consistent with safety.
• Conduct environmental, operational or performance tests on marine machinery and equipment.
• Prepare technical reports for use by engineering, management, or sales personnel.
• Maintain contact with, and formulate reports for, contractors and clients in order to ensure completion of work at minimum cost.
• BE Marine Engineering, Md. Sathak Engineering College, Anna University, India.
• Pre – Sea Training at S.B.Vignesh Marine Training Institute, (Director General Of Shipping Approved) Chennai
• Work Shop Training - Operation and Maintenance of Machining tools and Welding.
• Afloat Training - Service and Maintenance of Boilers, Diesel driven power system, Pumps, Heat exchangers, Refrigeration system, Valves, Purifiers, Turbo charger.
• Electrical Training - Main Switch Board, Motors, Starters, And Controls.
• STCW – 95 Courses At Hindustan Institute Of Maritime Training
• Fire prevention and fire fighting (FPFF) Certificate no FPFF/B340/07.
• Personal safety & Social responsibilities (PSSR) Certificate no PSSR/B544/08.
• Elementary first aid (EFA) Certificate no EFA/B440/06.
• Personal survival techniques (PST) Certificate no PST/B443/01.
• IFIA certified inspector of Petroleum inspections.
Language Testing System(IELTS)• TOTAL BAND SCORE = 5.5 (Academic)
• Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application
• MS Office.
Training from Bureau Veritas
• Health Safety & Environment (HSE) training
• Draft Survey Training
• Bunker (ON/OFF hire) Survey Training
• Condition (ON/OFF hire) Survey training
• Hold Inspection & condition Survey Training
• Fruits & Vegetable condition & Visual Quality training
• Sampling Procedures training as per ABC Military Standard.
• Preservation of the Auxiliary Modules & Gas turbines.