- Shoreside Operations
Marine Inspection LLC
8/13- 1/15 Marine Surveyor
- Examine vessel documents that set forth cargo loading and securing procedures, capacities, and stability factors to ascertain cargo capabilities according to design and cargo regulations.
- Perform cargo outrun and monitoring Survey.
- Examine proper used cargo equipment prior offloading and loading operation.
- Inspect cargo hold structures for damages prior loading new cargo.
- Inspect loaded, secured cargo in hold and lashed to decks to ascertain that pertinent cargo handling regulations have been observed.
- Inspect cargo during loading and offloading operations and hold conditions surveys.
- Perform draft and volume survey to barges.
- Analyze data obtained from survey, formulates recommendations pertaining to vessel capacities, and writes report of finding.
C Wonder Retail Store
1/13- 8/13 Stockroom manager
- Achieve/exceed store goals and performance metrics through the efficient and productive organization of the stock room areas to ensure proper, accurate and timely flow of merchandise onto the sales floor.
- Utilize Company tools to support and reinforce training by coaching sales associates on stockroom organization and the replenishment process.
- Partner with the store management on Loss and prevention awareness within the store and stockroom.
- Ensure accurate pricing all the items though use of markdown.
- Manage and execute point-of-sale (POS) transactions in a friendly, accurate and expedient manner.
- Assist with creating a world class experience that exists through the effective organization of the stock room areas and merchandise flow onto the sales floor.
US NAVY MILITARY SEALIFT Command:
10/11 – 1/13 Able Seaman-Unlimited
- Stand wheel, anchor, and gangway watches as directed, maintaining alertness at all times.
- Assisted watch officer when navigating by maintain a steady course, properly execute all rudders order and communicate utilizing navigational terminology relating to heading and steering.
- Assisted deck officers during cargo operations and vessel security.
- Performed general ship maintenance and repairs while underway and in ports.
- Performed general maintenance, repair, sanitation and upkeep of material, equipment, cleaning of ship’s hull, decks, superstructures, cargo gear, lifeboats, etc.
- Responsible for learning the location and se of emergency equipment, lifesaving equipment, damage control equipment, and safety equipment.
- Perform all operations connected with launching of life saving equipment and make security inspection of the ship.
8/07 – 11/09 Deckhand/Vessel and warehouse support
- Build and break tow. Tow may attach/detach to barge depending of configuration
- Inspect, correct or notify others of any conditions which affect safety of people or cargo.
- Handle rigging during tow building, locking and docking activities
- Assist in loading or unloading materials and supplies to and form docks, barges and boats.
- Examine cables, wires, and lines to insure they are fit for use. Use tools to tighten or loosen same as needed.
- Perform basic vessel maintenance such as painting, cleaning, changing, oil and filters.
- Assist Tanker man during load and discharge.
Suny maritime college New York, NY
Bachelor of Science, Marine Transportation and International Business 2008
- Completely fluent in Spanish (Read, Write, Speak)
- Excellent skills in MS Office 2007,2010 and 2013
- Troubleshoot basic computer problems such as Windows and networking
- Certification of Training Shipboard Damage Control
- Certification of Training Marine Environmental Program
- Certification of Training Fall Protection Authorized Person/End user
- Certification of Training Personal Safety & Social Responsibility
- Certification of Training Explosive Cargo Handling and Stowage Course
- Certification of Training Explosive Material Handling Equipment Operator Course
Excellent references available upon request.
New York, New York,