Marine Pilot / Mooring Master
- Shoreside Operations
Professional Summary and Capabilities.
- With great wealth of rich experience I am able to bring not only expert Piloting but also, high standard of work culture and Team-Work.
- Ship Handling, berthing, un-berthing, mooring of smallest ship up to ULCCs/VLCCs, LNG Tankers including Ship-To-Ship operation including Tandem Mooring at FPSO.
- Supervising and carrying out maintenance of STS and SBM mooring equipment.
- Safety and operational inspections of visiting tankers and ships.
- Capable of obtaining certification for the port from “International Standard for Marine Pilot Organization (ISPO)” and others.
- Managing and monitoring Cargo Operation.
- Capable of writing and implementing Port Procedures, in harmony with present operating system.
- I am able to maintain very good standards on HSE/EHS/SHE (Health Safety Environment).
- Also, capable to represent the company in professional conferences as speaker
- I am capable of training others after self-learning.
2. Work Experience
February 2003 to August 2018 (15.5 years): Marine Pilot at Mina Al Ahmadi (includes Mina Shuaiba and Mina Abdulla), Kuwait Oil Company, Kuwait.
Handled VLCCs alongside and at SBM, LNG Tankers (up to Q-Max), LPG Tankers, Various size and type of other vessels including product & chemical tankers and bulk carriers (sulphur). I handled vessels at SBM, STS, Terminals along-side, outside and inside berths with two and up-to four tugs.
Worked as Trainer for newly joined Pilots for long time.
Have knowledge of VTS system and Traffic Control System.
I am trained Tug Master (Mina Al Ahmadi trains all Pilots for tug operation as independent Tug Master) Complete Tug Master Training was provided.
August 2001 to December 2002 (1.5 years): Mooring Master (Marine Pilot) at Mina Saud (Chevron Mina Al-Zour – formerly, Saudi Arabian Texaco), Kuwait.
Handled tankers at CBM (conventional mooring) and VLCCs at SBM. At this port, I was actively involved in newly installation of SBM and I had the honor to berth first VLCC at newly installed SBM.
Master on Tankers (sailing):
Jan 2001 to July 2001 MT Fantasy SDWT: 155612
May 2000 to Oct 2000 MT Paola SDWT: 141586
June 1999 to Mar 2000 MT Jade SDWT: 173864
April 1999 to Jun 1999 MT Paola SDWT: 141586
Feb 1998 to Feb 1999 MT Valletta SDWT: 89479
FPSO Experience as Sr. Cargo Supervisor (Also, acted as FPSO Superintendent)
1990-1992: At this place I accompanied Mooring Master to learn Tandem Mooring on my own initiative.
Apart from Chief Officer (Sr. Cargo Supervisor) on FPSO, I served as Chief Officer for many years from 1987 to 1992 on MT Jahre Target, MT Omaniah, MT West Star (Chemical Tanker) and FPSO Anoa Natuna.
Joined Sea as Cadet in 1977, Started sailing as officer in 1981.
Master FG (Unlimited), valid until 16-April-2023 (Government of Egypt). This certificate of Master FG was issued and renewed regularly by my previous employer Kuwait Oil Company of Mina Al Ahmadi.
Valid STCW & other Courses: ECDIS Advanced Simulator (Management & Operation Levels), Advanced Communication, Ship Handling and Maneuvering (simulator), Advanced Fire Prevention and Fighting, Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats, PSSR, Adv. Personal Survival Search & Rescue, Marine Radar & ARPA (including Simulator), Profy of Security Awareness Training for Seafarers with Designated Security Duties, Medical Care, Prevention and Combating of Marine Pollution.
Other Relevant Courses: STS Simulator Training for Marine Pilot (from Australian Collage), Handling of Hazardous Chemicals, Ship-to-Ship Transfer Simulator Course (from Australian Collage), Management Training Program – International Maritime Conventions & Codes, HSE Audit and Inspections, Maritime Safety on Petroleum & Liquefied Gas Tankers & Terminals (from Australian Collage).