Dynamic professional with extensive sea-going experience including 8 years as Master Mariner and 2 years as Marine Surveyor and Ship Safety Inspector, Designated Person Ashore, Fleet Operation Manager, Fleet Compliance Manager in high-pressure, fast-paced, and strictly regulated international environments.
• Holder of Canadian Master Mariner unlimited certificate of competency.
• 20 years of sea-going experience with extensive knowledge of the vessel’s operation and chartering procedure combined with 2 years of shore-based experience of Ship Safety Inspector, Fleet Compliance and Operation
Manager, Designated Person Ashore and Company Security Officer.
• Extensive practical and theoretical knowledge of IMO marine legislation and Canada Shipping Act.
• Maximize safety and quality in high-volume situations, leveraging expertise in ISM and ISO lead auditing.
• ISM/ISO Lead Auditor with excellent problem solving, root cause analysis and risk management.
MARINE AND CARGO SURVEYOR, Mississauga, Ontario 2011-present
Independent Marine Surveyor
Cooperating with J. DIGBY & CO. (1995) LTD., Brampton, Ontario (2011), Mcdonald Marine Surveyors (details on request). Conducting wide range of Marine and cargo inspections and surveys included but not limited to: Cargo and Draft Surveys, Damage Surveys & Insurance Claims. Competent in manual and software based grain, bulk and break bulk stability calculations. Break bulk and project cargo loading and discharging supervision. Container pre- loading inspections, loading inspection, Loading and Unloading Supervision, Damage Cargo Survey and Loss Assessment ,Packing Inspection - Pre-purchase Cargo Inspection for Quality and Quantity Verification. Ship condition, annual safety inspections, ISM/ISPS Audits. Cargo sampling.
AMBER EXPRESS CARGO INC. Hamilton, Ontario • 2011 – 2012
Ocean shipping company with 2 vessels.
Marine Safety, Compliance & Operations Director, Ship Inspector, Designated Person Ashore, Company
Established, inspect, trained and coordinated ISM/ISPS Systems on board. Carried out random and regular safety inspection to maintain highest safety and security standards according to local and international regulations. Served
as primary point-of-contact and 24x7 emergency contacts for domestic and international authorities and crew
including safety and security. Evaluated, monitored, and trained new personnel. Instructed masters onboard. Organized, supervised and carried out ISM and Safety inspections. Conducted internal audits onboard and at
GREAT LAKES FEEDER LINES, Burlington, Ontario • 2010 – 2011
Ocean shipping company with 2 vessels: 1 under Canadian flag, and 1 with international flag.
Director of Compliance & Operations, Fleet Safety and security Manager
Coordinated and led all aspects of day-to-day operations of both ocean shipping vessels and office; comprised of
70 sea personnel and 6 office personnel. Provided 1st and continuous response including cargo operation, bunker arrangements, voyage instructions, and weather routing. Served as primary point-of-contact and 24x7 emergency
contact for domestic and international authorities and crew including safety and security, cargo operations, and supplier and vendor relations. Reviewed and oversaw new contracts. Sent office orders to onboard personnel.
Instructed masters onboard. Organized and supervised ISO and Safety inspections. Ensured 100% compliance of
fleet operations with all international and flag state regulations, rules, and conventions. Conducted internal audits onboard and at office.
• Played key role in securing multiple new profitable contracts for fleet, serving as new business development advisor and integral part of team.
• Cut incident and accident number by 45% over 6 months, and lowered non-compliance by 25%.
• Instrumental in obtaining full-term Certificate of Compliance for fleet vessels, successfully reviewing and correcting company management system.
• Enhanced crew skills while improving crew retention by 45%, implementing new training procedures, and strategically maintaining personnel consistency.
HERM / DAUELSBERG & PASSAT SHIPPING COMPANY, Hamburg & Bremen, Germany • 2001 – 2010
2 ocean shipping carrier companies: Passat has 4 vessels and 150 personnel, and Daulersberg has 15 vessels and
Served as 1st in command of state-of-the-art vessel including holding primary authority while at sea. Managed all aspects of compliance with customs and immigration regulations, maintenance of ship documentation and
certificates, and compliance with vessel security plan in accordance with International Maritime Organization.
Responded to and reported on any passenger and crew accidents, incidents, injuries, and illnesses. Maintained official authority to use deadly force in extreme cases such as pirate assaults and mutiny in order to defend
interests of state, owner, crew, passengers, environment, and cargo. Trained and evaluated employees. Analyzed
and controlled budget with benefit orientation. Developed and managed relationships with customers.
• Advanced to #1 position in marine industry in minimal time.
• Attained numerous high-profit contracts.
• Improved operation and oversight of vessel, implementing new management system.
• Ensured maximum adherence to high professional standards among customers and crew.
• Boosted personnel and company satisfaction, successfully reducing crew rotation.
Master of Nautical Engineering, Maritime Academy, Gdynia, Poland
Canadian Master Mariner Unlimited Certificate of Competency
Certified Ship's and Company Security Officer
Certified ISM Auditor
Certified Lead Auditor: ISO 9001, 14001 & 19011
ISM & ISPS Auditing Transport & Stationary Operations • Vessel Operation • Service Quality Optimization • Safety & Security Control & Process Improvements • Management Systems • Problem Solving • Team Building