To secure a position with a quality conscious engineering firm where my education, experience and abilities would be put to best use in the field of Marine Engineering./Consultancy.
2000-2006: Stationary Engineer in in power plants, food processing industries, refrigeration plants in Ontario,Canada.
Worked as coop in ISO implementation in CME a ship repair company in Victoria,B.C. Jan 2005-Mar 2005
First Assistant Engineer
Span Marine Bombay 1996-2000
· Worked on product tanker, seismic vessel, gas carrier, chemical tanker.
· Engines worked on: Caterpillar (3 *3 00h. p.), Sulzer (26,000h.p.),Bergen(3 *3 000h. p.), Akasaka (4000 h.p.)
· Conducted repair, refitting and maintenance on main engines, boilers, and generators, compressors, chillers.
· Supervised staff for the delegation of duties
· Developed effective preventive and conditional maintenance programs
· Maintained inventory control for adequate levels of spare parts and stores at all times
· Tested boiler water, engine cooling water and trouble shooting
· Managed fuel oil and lube oil storage and purification following all health and safety practices
· Prepared ship installation and machinery for classification society inspection
Chief Engineer/First Assistant Engineer
Reliance Shipping , Hazira, India 1991-1995
· In charge of maintenance and operation of ship machinery, refrigeration plant for maintaining ethelene in liquid form, propulsion machinery and auxiliaries
· Engines: Alpha B& W Caterpillar.
· LPG carriers
First Assistant Engineer
Jay Ships (London) 1990-1989
Worked as manager in Mazagon Docks building jack up rigs.
P.G. Diploma in Quality Assurance in Mfg & Management at Sheridan College
(Jan 2004-Dec 2004)
B. Sc in Marine (Mechanical) Engineering
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
B. Sc in Electrical Engineering
Maharaja Sayajirao University, Baroda, India
First Class Part A Marine Engineering Certificate, Dept. of Trade, U.K.
Second Class Part B Motor Marine Engineering Certificate, Ministry of Transport, Govt. of India
Class 1 Motor Orals, Dept. of Trade, U. K.
Advanced Firefighting Certificate, U.K.
Chemical Tanker Safety Certificate, U.K.
L.P.G. Tanker Certificate (endorsement)
Petroleum Oil Tanker Certificate (endorsement)
Electronic Technician Certificate, M.T.I. Houston
Advanced Hydraulics Certificate, M.T.I. Bombay
Marine engine room simulator II, MED C & D safety courses at Georgian college, Owen Sound
Third Class Stationary Engineer, TSSA Toronto.
Second Class Stationary Engineer 2B1 paper (Refrigeration). Appearing in 2A1 paper soon.
Eligible for CQE examination, Transport Canada 1st class exams.
Willing to relocate.
· Stationary engineer grade 3
· Familiar with C.S.A. B51 (Code of Construction & Inspection of Boilers & Pressure Vessels) and C.S.A. B52 (Mechanical Refrigeration Code).
· A.S.M.E. Codes I to IX,
· ANSI Codes B.31.1 (Power Piping), B31.5 (Refrigeration Piping)
· Excellent computer skills, quality assurance, statistics, S.P.C, F.M.E.A., PPAP, control charts, Word, Excel, A+, GR&R, GD&T, metrology (mechanical, electrical, electronic, optical instruments, CMM)
· Root cause & fault tree analysis, Documentation, TQM, Reliability, Auditing, D.O.E.
· Tested and integrated electrical, distribution and utilization systems
· Conducted maintenance, repair and refitting of all shipboard machinery, including pneumatic and hydraulic controls, pitch propeller, electric and hydraulic steering gear and winches, pumps, boilers, water treatment and analysis (boiler, sewage, cooling, drinking), cogeneration, refrigeration, air conditioning and hovercraft.
· Knowledge of chemistry, stamping ( mfg environment)
· Requisitioned spare parts; selected equipment
· Installed, tested and evaluated electrical equipment in chemical plant like H.T. & L.T. transformers, switchgear, cables, control panels.
· Troubleshooting problems with boiler and main engine
· Developed and implemented effective preventative maintenance programs
· Experience in customer service using computer, Oracle & D2K, A+, PLC, Auto Cad knowledge
· Familiar with ISO 9000, ISO 14000, TS 16949,WHIMIS regulations
· Shipyard experience in jack up rig construction (piping, machinery installation, warehousing, logistics, liaison work) for one year.
· Estimation work for a marine contractor to modify a Canadian Coast Guard vessel.
· Designed a Great Lakes Self Loading Bulk Carrier as a team at University of Michigan.
· Wrote proposals, reports and performance analyses
· Prepared tests and evaluations, SOPs
· Supervised and trained personnel; establishing work priorities
· Interpreted and implemented policies and procedures
· Inspecting and approved work performance
· Troubleshooting problem areas and implemented corrective measures
· Acted as a liaison between local contractors and foreign partners