To secure a position with a quality conscious engineering firm where my education, experience and abilities would be put to best use in the field of Marine/ Mechanical Engineering.
Maintenance Engineer : At Knight’s Inn in Kingston, ON Aug 09- present
Technical Officer: Working in a Technical Assessment Dept. of IRS a marine classification company as a Technical Officer. Work involves approving the survey reports from surveyors for issuing full term certificates for ships as per MARPOL and MEPC resolutions.
Mar. 09-July 09.
Senior Marine Systems Engineer: Houston Offshore Engineering Dec. 07 - Aug 08
Design TLP hull machinery as per specifications and ABS regulations, wrote specifications.
Used pump flow & pipe flow software to size pumps and pipes. Designed preliminary electrical power & lighting systems for jack up rig. Collected quotes and wrote reports. Worked on winch requirement for a stinger of a pipe laying ship. Sized Ventilation, Nitrogen Generators, Compressors for TLP, prepare RFQs.
Interfaced with vendors such as: Lantec Winch & Gear, Elridge, Petrex Inc, New Industries, Green Marine, Specific Equipment Co., S & N Pump Co, Alimak Elevators, Caterpillar.
Strong interface with designers, clients, vendors to produce correct estimation for the project,
Marine Engineer: Waller Marine, Houston. In charge of marine systems for jack up rig. Aug 07-Dec. 07
Stationary Engineer/Refrigeration Technician heating & cooling plants, refrigeration plants in Ontario, Canada
10/2000 – 8/2007
• Maintenance Worker- Canada Bread, ON, Canada 10/2000-10/2001
• Stationary Engineer: Corrections Canada, Workworth, ON: Shift Engineer, operation & maintenance of Second Class Steam plant, HVAC, Chillers, heating in buildings. 10/2001-03/2002
• Refrigeration technician (Dan Exports,in Bolton, ON)
Ammonia refrigeration plant in pet food industry Operation and maintenance of plant during the second shift. 3 ammonia Frick screw compressors, plate freezers, contherms, grinders.Total compressor H.P: 800 03/2002-08/2003
• PC repair technician: Computer Plus in Brampton, ON 09/2003-12/2003
• Quality Inspector-Matsu Manufacturing (Auto Stamping) 01/2005-06/2005
• Refrigeration Technician : Versacold Inc. in Chatham,On. In a food processing plant with tunnel refrigeration, Total compressor power 1000 hp. Plant shut down due to lack of produce.
• Stationary Engineer in a First Class Plant. Corrections Canada, Kingston, ON,3H.P. Boilers, 500 HP each, 10 bar pressure, thermal fluid boilers, HVAC of 4 buildings , one diary, one poultry farm .
• Maintenance Worker :Conways Inn, Kingston, ON 11/2006-08/2007
First Assistant Engineer: Span Marine 1996 - 2000
Worked on product tanker, seismic vessel, gas carrier, chemical tanker.
Engines worked on: Caterpillar (300 hp), Sulzer (26,000 hp), Bergen(3,000 hp), Akasaka (4,000 hp)
Conducted repair, refitting and maintenance on main engines, boilers, generators, compressors, chillers.
Supervised staff for the delegation of duties
Developed effective preventive and conditional maintenance programs
Maintained inventory control for adequate levels of spare parts and stores at all times
Tested boiler water, engine cooling water and trouble shooting
Managed fuel oil and lube oil storage and purification following all health and safety practices
Prepared ship installation and machinery for classification society inspection
Chief Engineer/First Assistant Engineer: Reliance Shipping 1991 - 1995
L.P.G. ships:In charge of maintenance and operation of ship machinery, refrigeration plant for maintaining ethelene in liquid form, propulsion machinery and auxiliaries
Engines: Alpha, B& W, Caterpillar.
First Assistant Engineer: Jay Ships 1989 - 1991
On cargo ship, iron/ore carrier. Worked on iron/ore ship in Singapore Sembawang yard for repairs and dry docking for 5 months.
Project Engineer: Tata Projects 1985 - 1987
Liberia, West Africa; in charge in 40 MW diesel power plant having 3 B&W MC engines of 18,000 bhp each.
Assistant Manager: Mazagon Docks, India
P.G. Certificate in Quality Assurance in Mfg. & Management
Sheridan College, Brampton, ON, Canada.
Bachelor of Science in Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
Maharaja Sayajirao University, Baroda, India
Advanced Firefighting Certificate, U.K.
Chemical Tanker Safety Certificate, U.K.
L.P.G. Tanker Certificate (endorsement)
Petroleum Oil Tanker Certificate (endorsement)
Electronic Technician Certificate, M.T.I. Houston
Advanced Hydraulics Certificate, M.T.I. Bombay
Marine engine room simulator II, MED C & D safety courses at Georgian college, Owen Sound
Class 1 Marine Engineer Certificate( Transport Canada). One paper remaining.
Stationary Engineer Certificate, Class III, ON, Canada
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Familiar with C.S.A. B51 (Code of Construction & Inspection of Boilers & Pressure Vessels) and C.S.A. B52 (Mechanical Refrigeration Code). A.S.M.E. Codes I to IX, ANSI Codes B.31.1 (Power Piping), B31.5 (Refrigeration Piping),fluid mechanics, stress analysis, design , RFQ, best quote selection, ABS, Lloyds, US Coast Guard Rules.
• Excellent computer skills as applied to quality assurance, statistics, S.P.C, F.M.E.A., PPAP, control charts, Word, Excel, A+, GR&R, GD&T, metrology (mechanical, electrical, electronic, optical instruments, CMM), APQP, condition based maintenance, six sigma.
• Root cause & fault tree analysis, Documentation, TQM, Reliability, Auditing, D.O.E.
• Tested and integrated electrical, distribution and utilization systems
• Conducted maintenance, repair and refitting of all shipboard machinery, including pneumatic and hydraulic controls, pitch propeller, electric and hydraulic steering gear and winches, pumps, boilers(oil, gas, solid fired), water treatment and analysis (boiler, sewage, cooling, drinking), cogeneration, refrigeration, air conditioning, hovercraft, tribology, steam turbines, gas turbines, compressors ( reciprocating, centrifugal, screw.)
• Practical experience in centrifuges, fuel management & bunkering,
• Troubleshooting problems with boiler and main engine
• Developed and implemented effective preventative maintenance programs
• Familiar with Oracle & D2K, A+, PLC, Auto Cad, nuclear physics