To secure a position with a quality conscious engineering firm where my education, experience and abilities would be put to best use in the field of Marine Engineering.
Stationary/Maintenance Engineer at Correction Services Canada (Kingston) in a First class Boiler Plant. Work includes operation & maintenance of high pressure boilers & HVAC.
Since August 05
Refrigeration Engineer in Versacold, ammonia food processing facility in Chatham.
July 05-Aug 05
Quality Auditor in Matsu Manufacturing an Auto Stamping Plant. April 05-July 05
Coop: Implementing ISO 9001-2000 in Canadian Maritime Engineering a ship repair company in Victoria, B.C. Jan 05-Mar 05
Computer technician: At Computer Plus in Brampton. Oct 03-Dec 03
Refrigeration Operator/ technician at Dan Exports in Bolton: Meat processing/storage plant have three ammonia Frick screw compressors of 800 HP, blast freezers, plate freezers, contherms
Mar 02-Aug 03
Stationary engineer: Corrections Canada
in a 400 thermal hours heating plant with diesel engine cogeneration at Warkworth penitentiary on contract. Oct 2001-Mar 2002
Canada Bread in Toronto: Worked part time in the maintenance department. Oct 2000-Oct 2001
First Assistant Engineer
Span Marine Bombay 1996-2000
· Worked on product tanker, seismic vessel, gas carrier, chemical tanker.
· Engines worked on: Caterpillar (3 *3 00h. p.), Sulzer (26,000h.p.), Bergen(3 *3 000h. p.), Akasaka (4000 h.p.)
· Conducted repair, refitting and maintenance on main engines, boilers, and generators, compressors, chillers.
· Supervised staff for the delegation of duties
· Developed effective preventive and conditional maintenance programs
· Maintained inventory control for adequate levels of spare parts and stores at all times
· Tested boiler water, engine cooling water and trouble shooting
· Managed fuel oil and lube oil storage and purification following all health and safety practices
· Prepared ship installation and machinery for classification society inspection
Chief Engineer/First Assistant Engineer
Reliance Shipping , Hazira, India 1991-1995
· In charge of maintenance and operation of ship machinery, refrigeration plant for maintaining ethelene in liquid form, propulsion machinery and auxiliaries
· Engines: Alpha B& W Caterpillar.
· LPG carriers
First Assistant Engineer on cargo ship, iron/ore carrier.
Jay Ships (London) 1989-1991
P.G. Diploma in Quality Assurance in Mfg & Management at Sheridan College
(Jan 2004-Dec 2004)
B. Sc in Marine (Mechanical) Engineering
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
B. Sc in Electrical Engineering
Maharaja Sayajirao University, Baroda, India
First Class Part A Marine Engineering Certificate, Dept. of Trade, U.K.
Second Class Part B Motor Marine Engineering Certificate, Ministry of Transport, Govt. of India
Class 1 Motor Orals, Dept. of Trade, U. K.
Advanced Firefighting Certificate, U.K.
Chemical Tanker Safety Certificate, U.K.
L.P.G. Tanker Certificate (endorsement)
Petroleum Oil Tanker Certificate (endorsement)
Electronic Technician Certificate, M.T.I. Houston
Advanced Hydraulics Certificate, M.T.I. Bombay
Marine engine room simulator II, MED C & D safety courses at Georgian college, Owen Sound
Third Class Stationary Engineer, TSSA Toronto.
Second Class Stationary Engineer 2B1 paper (Refrigeration). Appearing in 2A1 paper soon.
Eligible for CQE examination, Transport Canada 1st class exams
· Tested and integrated electrical, distribution and utilization systems
· Conducted maintenance, repair and refitting of all shipboard machinery, including pneumatic and hydraulic controls, pitch propeller, electric and hydraulic steering gear and winches, pumps, boilers, water treatment and analysis (boiler, sewage, cooling, drinking), cogeneration, refrigeration, air conditioning and hovercraft.
· Knowledge of chemistry, stamping ( mfg environment)
· Requisitioned spare parts; selected equipment
· Installed, tested and evaluated electrical equipment in chemical plant like H.T. & L.T. transformers, switchgear, cables, control panels.
· Troubleshooting problems with boiler and main engine
· Developed and implemented effective preventative maintenance programs
· Experience in customer service using computer, Oracle & D2K, A+, PLC, Auto Cad knowledge
· Familiar with ISO 9000, ISO 14000, TS 16949,WHIMIS regulations
· Shipyard experience in jack up rig construction (piping, machinery installation, warehousing, logistics, liaison work) for one year.
· Estimation work for a marine contractor to modify a Canadian Coast Guard vessel.
· Designed a Great Lakes Self Loading Bulk Carrier as a team at University of Michigan.