This aggressive, professional individual who is career driven, willing and eager to learn, is seeking to take advantage of all opportunities to advance to the pinnacle point of my career. I seek to learn from and share my knowledge with co-workers to maintain a healthy work environment.
October 2005 – present Seafarer’s International Union (SIU) | Norfolk, VA
• MV SSG Edward A. Carter, Jr. – General Utility
• MV Virginian – QMED
• USNS Gilliland (M/V) – QMED
• USNS Able (M/V) – Oiler
• Cape May (Steam) – Oiler
• MV Cape Ray – GVA
• Cape Trinity (M/V) – Oiler
• MV Cape Ray – Oiler
• USNS Devebola (Steam) – Oiler
• USNS ALGOL (Steam) – Fireman
• USNS Regulus (Steam) – Oiler
• USNS Antares (Steam) – Oiler
• USNS Watson (Gas Turbine) – QMED, Electrician
• USNS Pomeroy (Gas Turbine) – QMED
• Sisler – Election
• SL Maersk Eagle – Electrician
• SL Maersk Champion – Electrician
• SL Maersk Motivator – Electrician
• SL Maersk Detroit – Electrician
• SL Maersk Race – Electrician
• SL Maersk Hartford – Electrician, Oiler, QMED
• SL Maersk Detroit – Electrician , Oiler, QMED
December 2002 – November 2004 Hall Nissan | Virginia Beach, VA
• Achieved unit sales targets for new and/or pre-owned cars and related products and services from retail and/or wholesale clients.
• Assumed responsibility for the entire sales process, including: Getting to know the client via an in-depth interview.
• Accommodated the client's product preference via presentation and demonstration.
• Prepared the client for ownership with a smooth and thorough delivery that accommodated all of the client's expectations.
• Established a sustained consultative relationship with each client.
• Followed up with prospects, utilizing various methods of communication.
• Maintained comprehensive knowledge of pricing and specifications of competitive vehicles to provide clients with informative comparisons.
May 1999 – November 2002 Asphalt Roads | Virginia Beach, VA
Front/Back Roller Operator
• Drives machine in successive overlapping passes over surfaces to be compacted, rolling sub grade and asphalt to desired compaction and smoothness.
• Determines speed and direction of machine based on knowledge of compressibility of material under changing temperatures.
• Pushes hand roller and pounds surfaces, using hand tamp, or guides portable power roller over areas not accessible to road roller.
November 1996 – April 2002 Charlie Faulk Auto | Norfolk, VA
• Forecast goals and objectives for sales, gross, and key expenses on a monthly and annual basis.
• Hire, motivate, counsel, and monitor the performance of all used-vehicle sales employees.
• Prepare and administer an annual operating forecast and budget for the used-vehicle sales department.
• Understand, keep abreast of, and comply with federal, state, and local regulations that affect used-vehicle sales.
• Direct and schedule the activities of all department employees, ensuring proper staffing at all times.
• Assist individual salespeople in setting aggressive yet realistic monthly goals and objectives and provide them with the support to meet these goals.
• Ensure proper follow up of all potential buyers by developing, implementing, and monitoring a prospecting and sales control system.
• Develop, implement, and monitor a follow-up system for used-vehicle purchasers.
• Establish and enforce product-knowledge standards.
• Communicate daily with the new vehicle sales manager regarding units needed for used-vehicle inventory.
• Ensure that cosmetic and mechanical reconditioning is performed within the dealership's cost and time limitations.
Graduated 10-2005 Harry Lynburg School of Seamanship | Pinney Point, MD
Attended 1997 - 1998 Tidewater Community College | Norfolk, VA
Management Information System
Graduated 06-1994 Norview High School | Norfolk, VA
FOWT, Junior Engineer, Machinist, Operation of Forklift (Clark), JLG, 35E, Boom Supported Aerial Platform, Pump man, Shipboard Firefighting, CPR, Electrician, Marine Reefer Maintenance, Advanced Container Maintenance, Advanced Firefighting, Medical Care Provider