Seeking opportunities to expand my professional career in marine engineering.
APL Japan, APL Maritime Ltd.
- Responsible for the safe, efficient operation of the propulsion and auxilliary systems of a 60,000 DWT containership. Leader of a team of licensed and unlicensed personnel that operates and maintains the vessel to ABS, USCG and APL Maritime standards.
- Coordinates overseas maintenance repairs by outside contractors.
- Ensures parts and consumables are ordered, received and maintained in concert with the prescribed budget
- Maintains inventory of all main fuel oil and lube oil stocks.
- Develops and tracks all shipboard maintenance schedules and plans. Implements training and maintenance courses to meet ABS Annual and USCG COI requirements.
Vessel Superintendent 2008-2010
APL Maritime Ltd. – Oakland CA
- Scheduled and coordinate vessel repair and maintenance for APL C11 class container ships.
- Coordinate anti-piracy threat assessments, crew training and vessel modifications for hostile boarding defense.
- Attended vessels in US ports to oversee the activities of contractor maintenance and regulatory agencies.
Managed vessel budgets and ensured expenditures were in line with approved budgets, draft dry dock specifications, review and approve vendor invoices.
- Developed 5 year dry dock specifications for C11 class vessels. Attended C11 vessel in foreign shipyard to oversea repairs, modifications, regulatory and statuatory inspections.
First Assistant Engineer 1999-2007
- Supervised up to 8 personnel in daily engine room work schedules and watch routines.
- Identified, prioritized and corrected material deficiencies in the engineering department as well as implemented stringent mandatory company and ABS maintenance and safety programs.
- Developed shipboard engineering maintenance schedules, conducted extensive repairs, coordinated job items for outside vendors, and organized equipment and consumables inventories.
- Trained new personnel in engineering department to ensure a safe and effective working environment.
- Monitored and repaired shipboard HVAC and provisional refrigeration systems as required.
B.S. Marine Engineering Technology, California Maritime Academy
US Navy Diver
- U.S.C.G. licensed Chief Engineer with extensive sea going and shore based experience on steam, diesel and gas turbine propulsion plants aboard a wide array of vessels.
- Top-notch, aggressive and competent leader/manager who communicates effectively in a team environment to identify and execute maintenance, repair and operations goals.
Proficient analytical, technical, and mechanical skills gained from 20 years in the maritime industry.
Captain, U.S. Navy Reserve