Looking for a position as a marine Engineer or Marine Engineer where I can apply my marine engineering skills.
Chubb Group of Insurance Companies, Tampa Florida
Loss Control, Risk Engineer 2013 - Present
• Conducted machinery and equipment evaluations that assisted the company in the overall risk selection process, while identifying and developing areas of risk improvement and enhancement for the existing customer base.
• Carried out internal and external inspections of high- and low-pressure boilers and pressure vessels in accordance with the codes established by The National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessels and State Jurisdictions.
• Undertook claim investigations involving boiler and machinery equipment loss occurrences, including damage verification, cause of loss, and subrogation opportunities.
Sunray Food Products Corp. New York
Machine Operator 2012 – 2013
• Responsible for the operation and maintenance of sealing and packaging machines, air compressors and pumps; assisted in processing of customer orders using handheld computer.
Micropower Business Solutions, New York
Data Processor/Programmer 2008 - 2011
• Responsible for processing Patent information by the conversion of Chemical formula of inorganic and hydrocarbon chains into structural formula using computer applications.
Raffles Shipmanagement Pte Ltd, Singapore
Second Engineer (Ship's 1st Assistant Engineer) - Product tanker, 2002 - 2003
Fourth, Third Engineer-- Product tanker, 2000 - 2002
• Under the supervision of the Chief engineer, I carried out planning and execution of overall operation, maintenance and repair of shipboard machinery and scientific equipment including; main propulsion plant (diesel engines), auxiliary boilers, pumps, cargo handling devices, hydraulic systems, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration etc.
• Maintained inventory of supplies and spare parts which are necessary to keep equipment operating while at sea.
• Updated maintenance history log and equipment repair log to monitor incidence of repair.
Petroships Pte Ltd – Singapore
Junior Engineer- Product tanker, 1997 - 1999
• Stood watch as a roving engineer and assumed responsibility for the operation of all engineering plants in the machinery space including; constant checks on pressures and temperatures, as well as fuel consumptions to ensure economical and efficient operation.
• Bachelor of Engineering in Marine Engineering, State University of New York Maritime College, NY
• Associate Degree in Marine Engineering, Maritime Academy of Nigeria, Nigeria
• Certificate of competency Class 2 motors, unlimited horsepower, June 2000 [STCW 95 compliant 95], Malaysia
• Hold National Board Inservice Inspector Commission for Boiler and Pressure Vessel, NBIC Columbus, Ohio