To apply my experience and knowledge with a reputable company in order to increase awareness of Safety and Environmental Issues within the Maritime Industry.
· Marine Engineer with Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd, Miami, Florida from May 2005 until May 2010. Signed on different cruise vessels. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following: all maintenance for diesel engines with related systems and equipment, fire fighting equipment, safety equipment, fire pumps with equipment, quick releasing valves for fuel and diesel oil, bunkering of fuel oils and lubricating oils, workshops including tools and equipment, chain blocks, cranes and platforms.
· Facilities Manager with Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd, Miami, Florida from May 2003 until May 2005. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
plans, directs and executes all facility maintenance and repair functions for guest area, public areas, and crew areas throughout the vessel in coordination with the Maintenance Team. Directs the facilities function onboard the vessel with the staff of FM Cleaning Specialist, Cleaners, Horticulturalist, Pool Attendants, Dispatchers, Carpenters, Upholsterers, Repairmen and Electricians. Observes and evaluates employees and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service are met. Approves personnel actions such as new hire requests and changes, to ensure proper staffing. Provides final approval for overtime needs. Enforces and follows USPH (US Public Health) standards, safety, environmental, etc., for assigned areas and related equipment and machinery. Review financial transactions and monitors budget to ensure efficient operation, and to ensure expenditures stay within budget limitations. Reviews for final approval requisitions estimates for product replacement, supplies, parts, equipment, machinery, purchases, etc. Assists with the development of long-range plans, conceptual designs, and capital outlay requirements and documentation for Facilities. Tracks maintenance schedules on computerized system and execute parts ordering. Oversees all special events conducted onboard the vessel requiring the facilities staff.
· Waste Management Coordinator with Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., Miami, Florida from January 2002 until May 2003. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following: Develop and maintain Fleet Approved Chemical List, Fleet Recycled material program, Waste stream coast management program, Oily waste discharge management plan, Hazardous material management program, Management of the hazardous material tax liabilities, Waste contactor evaluation program, Fleet EPA (US Environmental Protecting Agency) certification.
· Marine Safety Superintendent with Carnival Cruise Lines, Miami, Florida, from 01.16.2001 until 12.20.2001 in charge of Holiday (43,000 GRT), Fantasy (70,390 GRT) & Destiny (103,000 GRT) class ships. Directly supervising the maintenance of the following ship’s systems: Safety (Life raft service and supplies), Lifeboats (supplies and certified ropes), Lifesaving and Fire fighting equipment, Fire extinguishing system, Breathing apparatus, Lifejackets and rings, Signage, Stability (Software updates, Certification), Pollution prevention (Oil booms and absorbent materials), Accident prevention (Protective equipment and clothing), Nautical stores (Charts, table, navigation aids, flags and nautical publications).
· Fleet Environmental Officer with Royal Caribbean International, Miami, Florida responsible for preparing Vision Class (70.000 GRT) ships for internal and US government ECP (Environmental Compliance Plan) audits and DNV (Det Norske Veritas) ISO 14001 audits in period from 01.14.2000 until 01.15.2001.
· Environmental Officer with Royal Caribbean International from 1999 until 2000. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following: serves as Environmental specialist with responsibilities for oversight of company environmental policies and procedures. Participate in the development of systems, work practices and procedures for implementation of company, state and international environmental policies and procedures. Provides technical training to the personnel with environmental duties in their assigned responsibilities. Ensure that the Oil and Hazmat Spill Response Equipment is ready for immediate use. Assesses each component of the company management program, such as recycling program, spill response, chemical management, and waste management. Evaluates and test environmental systems and procedures to determine quality and effectiveness in compatibility with existing systems.
· Marine Engineer with several companies from 1984 until 1999. Signed on different type of vessels e.g. cargo ships, container ships, refer ships, tugboats, car ferries, cruise vessels. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following: all maintenance for diesel engines with related systems and equipment, fire fighting equipment, safety equipment, fire pumps with equipment, quick releasing valves for fuel and diesel oil, bunkering of fuel oils and lubricating oils, workshops including tools and equipment, chain blocks, cranes and platforms.
· Mechanical Engineer with Termofriz Ltd. Split, Croatia - part of Sabroe Denmark Corporation from September 1986 until June 1987 as the Industrial Technologist for High Technology Refer jobs.
Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering
SCTW 95 - Management and Human Behavior Rhapsody of the Seas, 08.27.2008
Star Center-Medical Person in Charge Dania, 12.08.2006
Star Center- Medical Care Provider Dania, 12.01.2006
Star Center- Elementary First Aid Dania, 11.28.2006
Star Center-Proficiency In Survival Craft Dania, 11.09.2006
Wartsila- Advanced Engine Course W 46 Fort Lauderdale, 08.11.2006
Star Center-Engine Room Resource Management Dania, 11.04.2005
RCCL-Crowd Management Appropriate Training M/V Monarch of the Seas, 05.11.2005
Ken Blanchard-Situational Leadership II Miami, 10.19.2004
Fulton Marine International, Marine Pest Management M/V Legend of the Seas, 06.07.2004
CDC-Vessel Sanitation Public Health Course Miami, 11.14.2003
Basic Safety Training Dania, 10. 17. 2003
BSI-ISO 9001:2000 Miami, 04. 29. 2003
BSI-Environmental Management System Lead Auditor Course Miami, 10. 04. 2002
DNV-Marine Risk Assessment Training Course Miami, 08. 20. 2002
Ocenco- Instructor for M-20.0 Emergency Escape Breathing Device Miami, 12.07.2001
DNV Internal Auditor Course – Safety & Quality Management System Miami, 08.10.2001
Advanced Fire Fighting M/V Fascination, 03.25.2001
Environmental Officer Training Miami, 03.12.2000
Preventing Disease Transmission M/V Legend of the Seas, 11.07.1999
Clean Air Act 608 Seminar M/V Legend of the Seas, 09.21.1999
Wartsila 46 (Diesel Engine) Training Turku, 09.03.1999
Personal Computer Training M/V Legend of the Seas, 05.15.1999
Hazardous Material Training M/V Legend of the Seas, 04.16.1999
Environmental Officer Training Miami, 02.08.1999
School of English Studies, Communications and Philosophy University of Wales, Cardiff, 11.15.1996
The Hazardous Material Specialist Inc. M/V Legend of Seas, 01.17.1996
Shipboard Fire Emergency Response Team Miami, 05.07.1995
Certificate of Proficiency in Survival Craft M/V Sovereign of the Seas, 07.02.1994
Certificate of ability for handling Life-saving equipment Split, 01.19.1993
Certificate of search, rescue and survival at sea Split, 01.18.1993
Firefighting certificate Split, 01.19.1993
Marine Engineer 050041214 05.31.2006 05.31.2011 Croatia
Chief Engineer 050041212 05.31.2006 05.31.2011 Croatia
U.S. Merchant Marine Officer 1 522 460 12.01.2008 12.01.2013 United States Coast Guard