working as a marine engineer, either shoreside or at sea
Security Guard Total Security Services 2010 to Present
Security Officer at Tesco and Boots, CCTV operation, Seal Checks.
AB/Engineer Isle of Scilly Steamship Company 2010 to 2010
• Relief Engineer: watchkeeping and running of Cat 3460 x 2 main engines, Auxiliary Volvo Penta MD70C and TMD70C generators, service and maintenance of ships propulsion and auxiliary systems on Gry Maritha cargo vessel 483 KW.
• Motorman: Scillonion 111. 2x Mirlees Blackstone Diesel ESL8MGR main engines, 3x Volvo Penta TMD122A generators, service and maintenance of ships propulsion and auxiliary systems total 2441 KW.
• Engineer, Crane Driver: Ivor B cargo vessel 193 KW.
Assistant Tutor /Administrator Real Time Training 2009/2010
• Assisting Tutor with clients to pass Real time Training examinations, administration of associated files and paperwork.
Service Engineer Global Fire 2008-2009
• R102 Ansul fire suppression system maintenance and installation.
• Fire Extinguisher Service
Assistant Store Manager Safestore 2007-2008
• Everyday running of self-storage facility
• Working to Budgets and targets
• Maintenance and upkeep of store
• Customer service, facing, telephone and e-mail, follow up calls and monitoring of clients
• Issuing and payment of invoices
• Stock control
• Regular audit procedures
Inbound/ Outbound Sales Advisor Loans.co.uk 2007-2007
• Achieve and excel daily, weekly and monthly targets
• Cold calling from dial-up systems
• Communication skills, negotiation skills and closing sales skills
• Maximise company profits
Business Sales Advisor Manpower/BT 2005-2006
• Catering for business needs and problem solving in a sales related environment
• Working in pressure environment to meet targets using a variety of internal systems
• Credit checking using Equifax
• Overseeing clients accounts and finding cost effective business solutions
Removals/ Driver Gil-Stauffer 2005-2006
• Driver and removals for busy international removal company
• Spanish customer service
• Manual lifting, packing and attention to detail
West Craven High School, Barnoldswick. 1976-1981
GCE: English B, Physics C, CSE: Maths 1, English Literature 1, Geography 2, Engineering Workshop Theory and Practise, Technical Drawing
Crowd management and Safety Training STCW 95 July 2010
TS Training Ship Mounted Crane June 2010
Certificate of Exemption 4 basics STCW95 Mar 2010
SIA Licence Feb 2010
Skills for Security BS7960 standards and including the SIA licensing criteria.
Real Time Training, Preston. Nov 2009
Working towards SIA licence. Courses completed include: Powerpoint intro and intermediate, freedom of information act, gender matters, diversity challenge, excel, health and safety law and practice, managing health and safety, challenging behaviour and disability confident.
Mystery Shoppers Basic Training Course. Oct 2009
PAT Testing: Certificate of Competence. Apr 2009
CSCS Certificate. June2009
Chubb Feta Course. Feb 2009
Ansul Installation Course. June 2008
Red Cross, First Aid Course. Sept 2008
NCFE Counselling Skills and Theory. 2002-2003
Basic Counselling Certificate. 2000-
North Lancashire Training Group. Telephone Techniques. 2000-2000
Royal Navy School of Engineering: City and Guilds Engineering 1981-1983
I have extensive customer service experience from over 10 years within a customer service environment from general enquiries to more complex problem solving. I am able to keep a cool head when under pressure and am able to excel at the targets I am set. I have a strong engineering background and as being an inspector of aero parts previously I have excellent attention to detail working to very low tolerances. I have played representative rugby and as such am very competitive and am able to work well in a team. I am computer literate and am able to use all programmes with ease including spreadsheets, excel and powerpoint.
I possess strong interpersonal skills and am able to interact confidently with people face to face and over the telephone. Through my studies I have developed engagement skills that enable me to communicate and motivate people from all walks of life. I am conscientious, efficient and am very adaptable. I can work alone or as part of a team very effectively. I am self-disciplined, smart in appearance and I am able to interact on all levels which served me in good stead for the Royal Navy as a Marine Engineering Mechanic.