To work for a reputed concern and progressive firm so as to pursue a provoked and challenging career by utilizing best of my skills, professionalism and responsibilities which will help me to explore & expertise fully into the field of marine engineering.
From June 2007 – Present:
Company : J. Ray McDermott Middle East Inc.
J. Ray McDermott is a leading worldwide marine solutions company with fabrication facilities in the Americas, Middle East, Caspian and Asia Pacific. Services include design, fabrication, transportation and installation of offshore platforms and installation of offshore pipelines.
JRM operates a diversified fleet of vessels for the marine construction industry. Most of our primary vessels are combination derrick and lay barges, making the fleet one of the most versatile in the world. Our global fleet is located in the Gulf of Mexico, Asia Pacific, the Middle East, and the Caspian.
Designation : Marine Engineer
Presently working as a Marine Equipment Engineer in the department of Equipment and Machinery department for offshore operations implementing my knowledge and gained professional experience on all offshore portable equipments, rotating equipments, static equipments, steel fabrication works, fleet repair and maintenance.
• Assisting derrick barge Chief Engineers with material procurement for maintenance and repair as well as technical support of machineries and equipment.
• Update the barge certificates/documentation and equipment manuals on regular basis.
• Arrange and coordinate with classification surveyors to conduct all necessary surveys for the barge.
• To prepare AFE /ACE documentation for repairs and procurement of equipment for barge and marine base.
• Review maintenance, performance of machineries and spares requests from barge.
• Coordinate with various departments, sub contractors and vendors to execute repairs and maintenance of equipment.
• Coordinating with the project clients on their requirements for closing out the punch list on the derrick barge certificates issued upon completion of survey and planning accordingly for their close outs.
• Ensure all life saving equipment is fit for purpose and in compliance with all required codes and regulations.
• Carrying out the refurbishment & periodic inspection on the stinger required for the pipe lay projects.
• Preparing the work scope, quantity take-off for the work scope involved, based on the visual inspection carried out during the renovation of the stinger.
• Carry out the inspection of the hydro-test of the stinger and other pressure vessels as per the HSE procedures & maintaining records for the same.
• Regular monitoring of the progress in the repair work carried out in the equipments being send to offshore and the operational derrick barges for the on time completion of the work to satisfy the requirements of the client.
• Getting involved in the barge equipment repairs, class surveys and modifications like ordering the materials required, mobilizing the class surveyors to the respective vessel for inspection etc.
• Carrying out the in-house surveys like the hull survey, biannual surveys, machinery surveys. This will include the sufficient details for estimates to be made to address the corrective actions raised.
• Any other requirements that arise time to time and as assigned by the E&M Manager and E&M Chief Engineer.
• Performed 5 year load test on the DB-27 main crane (Amclyde) to 110% of rated capacity for all the blocks which includes preparing the procedure, organizing the weights, etc. accordingly in line with the company level II procedures and HSE requirements and have completed the load test successfully under full satisfaction of ABS inspector.
• Modified an existing spacer pontoon to a known test weight by adding an additional tank on to it so that it can be used for the load testing of any equipment in the yard from the range of 256 ST to 1000 ST.
• Undergone refurbish for 15ea of stinger sections with a time frame of 12months and formulated the procedure for doing repairs on structural, piping and actuators.
• Successfully completed the dry-docking of material barge INT-406 at AHI, Ajman and worked as a part of team to coordinate with dry-dock team to complete the scope of work on time and have prepared final post dry-dock report as per company policies and procedure.
• Performed the biannual survey of machineries onboard the pipe lay barge KP-1 offshore.
• Performed Annual Hull survey on the derrick barge DB 27 and KP-1 on August 2009 and have prepared complete condition report as per our company policies and procedures.
• Performed the UWILD survey of material barge INT-407 and have prepared the final job completion report .
• I was assigned as the engineer for the mobilization and demobilization of derrick barges DB-101 & DB-16 for the respective projects such as RASGAS, ARAMCO as per company policies and procedure and was completed successfully.
From August, 2006 – November 2006:
Company : Zahnradfabrik Friedrichshafen, Germany
ZF develops and produces transmissions, steering systems, axles, and chassis components as well as complete systems for passenger cars, commercial vehicles, and off-road machinery. ZF is also an important transmission specialist for special and rail vehicles, marine craft, and helicopters.
Designation : Internship Trainee Engineer
From, December 2004 – June 2005:
Company : Cochin Shipyard Limited, Cochin, India.
Cochin Shipyard is a forerunner in the Indian Shipbuilding & Ship repair industry. This yard can build and repair the largest vessels in India. It can build ships up to 1, 10, 000 DWT and repair ships up to 1,25,000 DWT.
Shipyard commenced ship repair operations in the year 1982 and has undertaken repairs of all types of ships including up gradation of ships of oil exploration industry as well as periodical layup repairs The yard has, over the years, developed adequate capabilities to handle complex and sophisticated repair jobs.
Designation : Trainee Marine Engineer
I had practiced as a trainee marine engineer for a period of 6 months , from where I had gained a practical (workshop and afloat) knowledge on the operations of engine room machinery, pumping system operations, all the machineries onboard which includes main, auxiliary & boilers overhaul, maintenance & trouble shooting) & ship construction.
Bachelor of engineering in Marine Engineering with an aggregate of 70% (First Class) from Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering-Sriperumbudur affiliated to Anna University- Chennai, completed on August 2006.
• Elementary First Aid
• Personal Survival Techniques
• Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
• Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
• Engine Room Simulation Course (Operational Level)
• Hard Working
• Ability to work under pressure and to solve it
• Analyzing Spirit
• Capability to identify a problem
• Manual Dexterity
• Team Spirit