Position where skills in Naval Architecture Engineering will contribute.
Internship: Offshore Design Department, Hyundai Heavy Industry, South Korea (Summer 2007).
* Trained to read offshore structure plans and learned basics of management.
* Managed to visit vessels under guidance and gained basic safety knowledge.
Waiter: Go-Senya Bar, Ulsan, South Korea (2009).
* Responsible for meeting costumers on entry, seating them, taking orders and serving.
* Entrusted with cashier duties and assisted with the stocking of the bar.
Volunteer work: NICE Japan (Summer 2008).
* Participated in Japan’s biggest Bonfire Festival preparation and fund raising in Takane, Japan.
* Cited for 'extremely hardworking' by NICE President, who added: 'Joo is highly motivated and a good team player who can do two men’s work at a time.'
Computer Technician Assistant: Dongyang Technical College, Seoul, South Korea (2005-2006).
* Handled computer software and hardware malfunction. Employed while full-time student.
* Maintained good working relationship with supervisors and colleagues.
* Earned 30% of college expenses through the part-time job.
Bachelor of Engineering: Naval Architecture, University of Ulsan, South Korea (expected August 2009).
* Major course work included Ship Basic Design, Applied Ship Design, Stability of Floating Body, Ship Motion and Maneuverability, Ship Resistance and Propulsion, Practical Experience in Shipbuilding, Marine Structural Analysis, Structural Mechanics and Computational Fluid Mechanics.
* Computer skills include Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, C++, FLUENT, MSC Nastran/Patran, AutoCAD and Solidworks.
* Speak and write in English, Mandarin, Malay and Korean. Multicultural, with wide international experience and willingness to relocate.