port related job
Gen.Manager (Engineering) at Pakistan International Container Terminal,
Karachi From August 2003 till todate
• Worked as Area Manager CRM in Pakland Cement Ltd .(Cement Process Industry) From October 2001 to July , 2003
• Worked as an Faculty Member at Andros Marine Institute , Karachi from July 2000 to October 2001
• Chief Engineer
Malaysian International . Shipping Corp. August1997-March 1998
Type of vessel Crude Oil Tanker
Managing and Administering the Engineering Department.
• Service Manager ----Allied Engineering & Services Ltd.( Sole Dealers of
CATERPILLAR Products in Pakistan) June 1996 to July 1997
• Chief Engineer
United Arab Shipping (United Arab Emirates) Nov1991-Dec1995
Gulfeast Shipmanagement Ltd Hong Kong. Nov 1989 to Juily 1991
• Second Engineer/Third Engineer/Fourth Engineer
Gulfeast Shipmanagement ltd.Hong Kong Nov 1983 to Oct1989
Arya National Shipping Lines (Iran)
• Fourth Engineer Iranian National Shipping Lines(Iran)
• Fifth Engineer Pakistan National Shipping Corp(Pakistan)
Continuos monitoring of running machinery , mostly working as Shift Engineers, complying of operation ,maintenance and safety procedures
Nature of work is mostly hands on type
• Exec MBA Quality Management , PIM (IBA-Karachi affiliated)
Courses included TQM/Quality Measurement,ISO9000, EM 14000
Quality Systems, Tools for Quality, Designing for Quality, Management, Finance, Marketing ,Economics, Operations Mgmt., HR, and Computing Skills (MS Word, Office, Excel)
MOT First Class Certificate of Competency (Motor) Marine Eng. 1987
• MOT First Class Certificate .of Equivalent Competency (Motor)-UK, June 2001
Graduation and Apprenticeship from Pakistan Marine Academy- 1975
• Short Courses:
Attended and passed a ISO9000 Lead Auditor Course by BSI, UK-1998
Attended a Course on ISO9000 and the Service Sector-1997
Attended a Course on the implementation of TQM in Organizations-1997
Approved Fire Fighting Course as per IMO requirements
Lifeboat and Survival Craft as per IMO Requirements
First Aid conducted by St. John’s Ambulance as per IMO Requirements.
Direct personnel in day to day equipment/plant maintenance, coordinate and administer facility activities to meet owner’s Objectives, Corporate Policy and Environmental Standards.
Develop and implement procedures and systems for Engineering personnel to operate in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner and provide quality service to internal/external customers.
Managing the Operations , Maintenance and Repair of Ship Machinary , Post Panamax Gantry Cranes, RTGs/ERTGs, Reach Stackers, MT Handlers, Top Loaders and Terminal Tractors etc.
Management of Workshop and Support Services and as a Marine Engineer Extensive hands-on experience in Maintenance of Machinary and Equipments.
Coordinated with Consultants during the Project Phase of the Civil Construction of the Container Terminal.