suitable shore based marine job with good infrastructure
• Overall in charge of engine room and other deck machineries on board ship at management level.
• Planning, execution, inspection of jobs and supervision of juniors at management level.
• Troubleshooting and maintenance of marine propulsion diesel engines (MAN B&W, Mitsubishi),BHP up to 13,200.
• Maintenance of Reefer and air condition plant.
• Control of spares/stores and preventive maintenance programme.
• Maintenance of fire fighting equipments.
• Maintenance of cargo pumping systems and turbines.
• Maintenance of boilers, air compressors, oil purifiers and auxiliary equipment; Responsible for fueling, storing and purification of fuel, lubricating oil, test.
• Testing of correct boiler water and jacket water.
• Running and Maintenance of Diesel generator engine (Yanmar, Daihatsu,B&W,Hyundai Himsen) ,Fresh water distillate plant, pollution prevention equipments and pumps.
Type of ships served:
• Oil tankers, chemical tankers, container and bulk carrier.
Marine Engineering Apprenticeship (4 years)
• MS Office, Windows XP
• New yard delivery and take over of ships at management level.
• Dry docking of ships as chief engineer.
• Served as chief engineer in Tug ships.