Dynamic engineer with several years of manufacturing experience, a high electrical and mechanical aptitude, and outstanding project management skills, would like to contribute to the positive growth of a company, its employees, and its community.
• Subcontracted for the complete electrical design, documentation, and implementation of Bertram Yacht’s first, multiplex 64 ft yacht using the Moritz Octoplex System.
• Designed and implemented the electrical system for the Ferretti Group/Allied Marine yacht pavilion during the 2009 and 2010 Miami International Boat Shows.
• Spearheaded the electrical design and supervised contractors for the renovation of an Allied Marine office facility.
• Designed and updated the monitoring system for the flagship 80 ft vessel of a leading yacht manufacturing company.
07/2003 - 07/2009 BERTRAM YACHT INC. Miami, FL
Senior Electrical Engineer - 07/2006 – 07/2009
• Modernized yacht onboard electrical systems through the development of a multiplex power distribution and management system.
• Researched, designed and innovated a fuel cell backup power supply system scheduled to be used on new yacht projects, potentially providing a major competitive edge in the marine industry.
• Saved thousands of dollars in warranty claims through frequent corrosion surveys as the self-taught marine corrosion surveyor and resolutions expert for the company.
• Reduced project design time by over 70% and made electrical schematics user-friendlier by creating a novel method for designing electrical systems using Excel and CAD models.
Process Engineer / Electrical Engineer - 01/2007 - 10/2008
• Effectively managed dual responsibilities for over a year as the process engineer on the 70ft and 54ft yacht production lines while still performing duties as the electrical engineer.
• Decreased production time considerably by implementing and maintaining a job card system for the project management of new yachts.
• Maximized yacht production efficiency by creating and working with mold management teams to improve over 90% of jigs and fixtures on existing molds.
• Maintained operation standards to document best-practices and an accurate BOM on assigned lines through regular updates and frequent communication with production, vendors, and sub-contractors.
Electrical Engineer, Co-op - 07/2003 - 06/2006
• Lead Team Manager in charge of implementing new business integration software, SAP R/3.
• Increased efficiency of daily departmental transactions by designing and maintaining spreadsheet programs to expedite and automate processes such as Engineering Change Order (ECO) requests, drawing logs, and BOM updates.
• Increased sales demand for audio and video upgrades by introducing and implementing a completely integrated and cutting edge Bose system package on all yachts.
01/2011 - Present 08/2008 - 12/2008 MIAMI DADE COLLEGE Miami, FL
Adjunct Math Professor - Fall 2008
• Worked part-time, two nights a week, teaching two classes with about 25 students per class while still working full time at Bertram Yacht Inc.
• Achieved a high student retention rate of over 70% by conducting tutoring sessions outside of regular teaching hours for those requiring further assistance in grasping the subject.
• Attained an unusually high pass rate of almost 80% for both classes.
Adjunct Math Professor - Spring 2011
• Working part-time teaching college math to students at the North Campus of Miami Dade College.
Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, March 2008.
Thesis: "Fuel Cell Auxiliary Power System for Marine Applications” (available upon request)
Published Paper: “Effects of Cathode Humidification vs. Cathode and Anode Humidification”
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering; Management Minor, June 2006.
Graduating GPA: 3.9/4.0
Thesis: "SAP System Development and Implementation" (available upon request)
Student Government President, President’s Medalist and Sobey Scholar
MIAMI DADE COLLEGE
Associate in Arts in Electrical Engineering, August 2003.
Graduating GPA: 3.8/4.0
Student Government President, All-USA Academic First Team, Class Valedictorian
• American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) Marine Electrical, 2008.
• College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA), 2005.
• Experience with MATLAB, PSPICE, Lab VIEW, AutoCAD, Rhino 3D, Solid Works, Maretron N2KBuilder, C++ programming, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel.
• Familiar with Lean Manufacturing and Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DFMA) techniques.
• Preparation and maintenance of design studies, proposals, diagrams, Bill of Materials (BOM), purchase specifications, engineering calculations, load calculations, test memos and reports.
• NMEA 2000 Network Development and Design.
• Design, development and maintenance of Primary and Auxiliary Power Systems, Fuel Cell Systems, One-Line Diagrams, Circuit Schematics, and Electrical Distribution and Instrument Panels.
• Knowledgeable with regulatory body's requirements including ABYC, USCG, ISO, and NEMA.
• Skillful in two martial arts and adept at playing the piano and harmonizing music.
• Member of singing groups including: church choir, MDC Chamber Singers, and a cappella group “Heart to Heart”.